Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

......You're something else. I'll give you that.

Why does everything have to have a defined list of reasons as to why things do / don't make sense.
That has to make for a miserable viewing experience of anything.

I loved Game of Thrones. I was hooked since episode 1. 
The "perfect" anything doesn't exist. Especially not on something of this scale.
This show had millions and millions of people watching. No one was going to be perfectly satisfied. It's simply not possible.

Watching for anything besides entertainment is an illusion. 

• Like 5

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Starks will never have rivals in the North. Not anytime soon with half the population and houses gone with Sansa sporting the ability to pick new houses

So, you need rivals for conflict? The Stark name was universally revered in the North, but that didn't stop the Boltons, did it?

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They locked up the Stormlands. Brought Edmure back. Showed Robin and Yohn united. Sam and Bronn can control the Reach easy enough. Bronn being Lord protector and Bran can assign loyal houses.

Westerlands and Dorne would be the only real shots at political turmoil anytime in the near future.

You're missing the big ones - Bran vs Drogon and Arya going west. THAT'S where the next great conflict comes from.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, you don't see the spin-off potential here? Jon beyond the wall, Bran looking for Drogon, Sansa ruling a new country, Arya heading further West?

This ending is basically wide open.

When Bran said "Maybe I can find Drogon", I thought for a second that he was just going to "go away" right in the middle of the meeting while everyone awkwardly looks on.

missed opportunity

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

There's no reason to believe Drogon realized how or by who's hand Dany had died - only that she was dead.
It was out of the scene but sensed it somehow and began calling and climbed into the open throne room.

It also senses Jon's "blood" (so to speak.....) - which is why he didnt fry him.

Ummmm, there’s a giant dagger sticking out of her and Jon is the only one at the scene of the crime. Just how much are they relying on us to suspend our disbelief here?  “Blood” shouldn’t protect the murderer of his mother. C’mon now.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

When Bran said "Maybe I can find Drogon", I thought for a second that he was just going to "go away" right in the middle of the meeting while everyone awkwardly looks on.

missed opportunity

I think we're going to find out a lot about Drogon and dragons in general over the next few years - their intelligence, their biology, their purpose.

Drogon might turn into the King of the Dragons, have a deep part in our next story. Let's not assume he's just some sort of Maguffin here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Ummmm, there’s a giant dagger sticking out of her and Jon is the only one at the scene of the crime. Just how much are they relying on us to suspend our disbelief here?  “Blood” shouldn’t protect the murderer of his mother. C’mon now.

but nobody said Dracarys.

Dragons cant kill a man unless someone speaks those words.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So, you need rivals for conflict? The Stark name was universally revered in the North, but that didn't stop the Boltons, did it?

Theres nobody in the north left. What is there atm is united. A "Bolton" cant just pop up when theres nobody there. And Boltons/Umber/Cyrwyn/Hornwood/Mourmount and such she gets to pick by her own hand.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're missing the big ones - Bran vs Drogon and Arya going west. THAT'S where the next great conflict comes from.

Im talking political drama type. Not Arya becoming a new Xena series.

4 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

We've seen Rhaegal quickly fall in line with Jon's blood, so...

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres nobody in the north left. What is there atm is united. A "Bolton" cant just pop up when theres nobody there. And Boltons/Umber/Cyrwyn/Hornwood/Mourmount and such she gets to pick by her own hand.

Was Bolton not united until the events of the War of the Five Kings and the Red Wedding? 

Dissenters pop up with little warning.

As you say, it's "At The Moment."

2 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im talking political drama type. Not Arya becoming a new Xena series.

What's west of Westeros?