Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

So lets see.....

Jon Snow - for being cast off to the Frozen Tundra - has done pretty good for himself on the lady front.

When he eventually hooks up with another woman he's gonna have a hard time answering the inevitable question: "So tell me about your girlfriends before me"

"Well you see....there was this redhead....and then she died by an arrow through her heart.....and then there was this blonde.....and well......she took a knife through the heart"

:)

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because when GRRM was writing his books originally and mapped out where things were going, he was definitely concerned more with sequels he was never going to write than telling his story. 

And I also don’t see how it works with the message GRRM was sending.

Has nothing to do with GRRM. Has to do with HBO and presenting the world he created. HBO could do what they wanted too.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

thats true, but he had to make people think he didnt want to be king in order to get to be king.

Notice how when the Counsil was hailing Bran, someone said "we will get better at it"

And Bran said yes you will.

Bran loves being king!

Jokes on them. He's gonna be a mute for pretty much his entire reign.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm still baffled why he would accept it when he himself said he does not want anymore. He could have done so much good just ruling from Winterfell and still turned it down and it was presented by him just not wanting it. So him accepting this was just the most out of the blue decision in the series and contradicts what he's been telling everyone.

Listen to Tyrion’s speeches to Jon and the counsel again. He went over everything they needed in a ruler. This included someone who would not be obsessed with wielding that power. Bran understood that, flat out told Tyrion he didn’t want it, but accepted it knowing that his not wanting power would allow him to step back and let those equipped to handle specific tasks do so. That’s why he showed up to the meeting, said hello and then let them all work on the projects themselves. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

How did Robert Arryn outgrow being a massive twit? 

I feel this is a silly rhetorical question but the kids mother was killed and the boy must have been humbled by the events that transpired after his coddling days were over. Plus, even as a twit, he was only an idiot as a child 90% of the time.

27 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Considering they were executing dudes in the street because "she said so" and would have killed Jon if he stopped them and had no problem killing unarmed people on her command but all of a sudden but let him live after he kills their queen is pretty chill. 

They are pretty much mindless soldiers except Grey Worm who after Dany dies is for all intents and purposes a free man. "His queen" was a choice like a debt bring paid after his freedom was given to him. The emotions are strong but I don't think Grey Worm was so distraught by Dany's death to kill Jon Snow. After all, he knew Jon snd Dany were close and mostly loyal to each other. I think he accepted that reality as someone who fought alongside Jon Snow multiple times. Also, Grey Worm sort of was shown with a slight hesitation before outright slaughtering folks once Dany ignored the bells. The only thing that fueled Grey Worm to do that I believe was the execution by King's Landing men of his girlfriend.

18 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Dany broke the wheel. People are just mad that it wasnt they way they thought it would be. It wasn't about overthrowing mad kings or queens, it ended up being that it wasnt about last names and who had the rightful heir to the thrones. It was about who was the best choice.

As others have said, Jon Snow actually broke the wheel for Dany and the dragon dud too by symbolically melting the throne that she ultimately chased to her death. Then Tyrion and the rest collectively followed through with the new world order. It was a group effort like the show and story intended to tell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree and interesting perspective.

I dont use Twitter to chat with strangers. I'm not anti-social but I dont follow a lot of individuals. Rather, I use it (as you reference above) as a news source - primarily for political data - and I dont need to chat with anon strangers about such things. I considered it like the old fashioned news ticker tape machine - just constantly churning out "information" - so I stay hooked up with accredited news sources.

However - since the character of our news has changed in recent years to more "opinionated" thoughts - I've found that even those news organizations I chose to inform me can inflame my thinking and emotions simply by their constant feed of their perspectives.

So I've taken to taking Twitter in smaller doses.

Right, I originally started a account so that I could follow all of the Browns/Cavs/Indians beat writers so I know when breaking news happens and read their articles. I hardly ever actually tweet anything and Ive had my account since probably 2012. The problem happened that as twitter evolved and grew--the people you follow like ESPN hosts, league insiders, ect started to use Twitter as a opinion site as well as a place to promote their job/work. It went downhill fast when I follow people for their sports knowledge but then 1/2 of their tweets starting becoming their personal opinion on sensitive world issues.

Twitter would be a far better platform if they removed the capability to respond to tweets and turn them into threads. It should strictly be posts that can get likes and retweets, thats it.

I literally had to follow like 5-6 dog accounts so I have a equal balance of positivity on my timeline as people complaining about the government.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Has nothing to do with GRRM. Has to do with HBO and presenting the world he created. HBO could do what they wanted too.

So we want them to not follow his intended ending then?

Just now, pwny said:

So we want them to not follow his intended ending then?

You do know theyve combined characters and such all kinds of way. And its not definite what his ending will be like. He said he doesnt know exactly how it wraps up himself. He just gave a broad overview to work with.