Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

Tyrion literally talked about how they needed to break the wheel and do so not just by giving the throne to a guy we all like but will eventually spawn another Joffrey or Ramsay who will take over. He talked about how they needed someone who wasn’t driven by power, but would be mindful of all those under their rule. He talked about how they needed to stop waging wars and celebrating those who kill just because the people they kill are our enemies. 

But sure. Because he knows history. 

If this was the ending, I would have preferred no king. 7 independent kingdoms.

2 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Dany broke the wheel. People are just mad that it wasnt they way they thought it would be. It wasn't about overthrowing mad kings or queens, it ended up being that it wasnt about last names and who had the rightful heir to the thrones. It was about who was the best choice.

Her death crushed me, but knowing her death fulfilled her oath made it okay for me. She always talked about breaking the wheel and it broke.

• Like 1

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Yep people who are so easily entertained they are ok with pretty much anything thrown at them.

Yeah, people who are so critical of anything that they don't agree with that they have to go anywhere they can and try to bring their pessimistic persona to other people as making people feel as bad as they do is the only way they feel value for the aforementioned thing they were critical of.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually not.

As she said herself - her plans were to continue past practices.
It's for the viewer to decide if she's ever run out of enemies.

Again, it might now have been the way she, or the viewers intended. But the wheel still broke.

I'm satisfied. Were there flaws? Yeah. Do I have questions? Sure. But, after the last eight seasons, I'm satisfied...

...but I'm also believing this isn't the last we've seen of Ned Stark's children and their Targaryen cousin. We'll get some revelations from the prequels, ones that will prompt this new world to take action.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Twitter's an outrage machine.

It is the most negative place on this earth. It is a place where nobody is happy and absence of light. Twitter is hell.

As soon as Twitter evolved to being anything more than a place to quickly find breaking news and articles, it went downhill.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

A million people didn't get the ending they had in their minds.

I still think most of the issues start and end with the pacing. The shortened seasons made them rush story lines to get characters from point A to point B (physically or emotionally). Because of the pacing some stories didn't feel complete. 

But the people signing a petition like that are absolute losers.

It means they have an opinion, but at least they HAVE an opinion.

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm satisfied. Were there flaws? Yeah. Do I have questions? Sure. But, after the last eight seasons, I'm satisfied...

...but I'm also believing this isn't the last we've seen of Ned Stark's children and their Targaryen cousin. We'll get some revelations from the prequels, ones that will prompt this new world to take action.

At least if we get nuked we know how it ends.

1 minute ago, Nazgul said:

Her death crushed me, but knowing her death fulfilled her oath made it okay for me. She always talked about breaking the wheel and it broke.

I disagree.

She got rid of some bad folks - but - if you're one to believe the purity of her character - she had lost herself in doing so.
If on the other hand you believe that the violent traits she showed at the end were her true character - as I do - there's no reason to believe her living would in fact change anything. The world would continue to be ruled by violence. Might makes right. 

Jon Snow broke the wheel when he killer her and the "council" nominated Bran to lead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

Until another "Ceaser" rises. She didn't break anything, at least not permanently.