Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

So Bran sees the future and just does nothing to stop anything. Ever. 

The 3ER is a recorder of a history.  We can get into the whole observation without interference arguement if you want to, but nowhere does it say that the 3ER acts on behalf of humanity.

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

What better choice than Bran, really? Jon? well, maybe before he committed murderous treason. 

Sam. Educated, experienced. Actually cares about humans and current events, while the 3ER really doesn't (Bran admits he mainly just lives in the past).

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Choosing Jon just creates more of the same.  He killed the queen so now he gets to be king? How is that any different.  Electing Bran reflects real change.

Jon is a good dude that would bring great morals and physical respect to the throne. Otherwise, he's just not the guy, and really doesn't want to be. 

Not to dilute your point though, I agree. No way should he have been, after all that had unfolded. I love that he went up North with friends and Ghost. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Choosing Jon just creates more of the same.  He killed the queen so now he gets to be king? How is that any different.  Electing Bran reflects real change.

I said it last night. Symbolically, Jon killing Dany (and then not fighting for the throne for himself) was the true breaking of the wheel because Dany was showing all the signs of being nothing more than what had preceded her.

"They dont get to choose" - is not liberating people.

The 3ER is a recorder of a history.  We can get into the whole observation without interference arguement if you want to, but nowhere does it say that the 3ER acts on behalf of humanity.

His insistence on telling Jon that he's a Targ suggests otherwise. He's clearly not against some level of interference. His motivations are just ambiguous in the show. I don't think they did the character much justice. 

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

Sam. Educated, experienced. Actually cares about humans and current events, while the 3ER really doesn't (Bran admits he mainly just lives in the past).

Ah, you know, Sam would have been a decision I could get behind. I doubt that so many around him would have approved.. or that they respect him enough.. which then just leads to the next person or group to conspire against him.

Now, people want to take out the 3ER better be VERY careful, cuz that mo fo sees and knows stuff, and has powerful allies. :P 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Jon is a good dude that would bring great morals and physical respect to the throne. Otherwise, he's just not the guy, and really doesn't want to be. 

Not to dilute your point though, I agree. No way should he have been, after all that had unfolded. I love that he went up North with friends and Ghost. 

But what would Jon's sons become, or his grandsons, or their grandsons.  We know that there have been good and bad starks, so it's not like being a Stark is automatically a good man.  Not to mention Jon is half Targ. We already know how generations of inbreeding has effected Targs.  While Jon would be a good king, and would hate every minute of it, good leaders are not determined by right of birth, but by what best serves the realm. 

But what would Jon's sons become, or his grandsons, or their grandsons.  We know that there have been good and bad starks, so it's not like being a Stark is automatically a good man.  Not to mention Jon is half Targ. We already know how generations of inbreeding has effected Targs.  While Jon would be a good king, and would hate every minute of it, good leaders are not determined by right of birth, but by what best serves the realm. 

No, I love the concept of

" oh hey Jon, you the KIng, brah? cool... but guess what yo? this ain't no bloodline thing after you. Your kids need not apply, this stuff here now all up for voting, see? "

6 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

His insistence on telling Jon that he's a Targ suggests otherwise. He's clearly not against some level of interference. His motivations are just ambiguous in the show. I don't think they did the character much justice. 

He doesnt tell Jon, he makes Sam do it.  

He doesnt tell Jon, he makes Sam do it.  

Ok, so he does it indirectly. Does that really make a difference? It's not like anyone is blaming Drogon for burning down King's Landing. He's clearly gotten involved in events. It's just not clear when/why he gets involved. 

• Like 1

Btw I'm still curious about all the book theories bc some of them are really good.  Is Mance Rhaegar?  Could he be the one who reveals Jon's parentage to him.  Is Daario Euron?  What will Victarion do/become?  While we know the final plot threads, ther are so many other characters that we dont know they're fate yet.