Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Sorry to be a negative nancy but yikes that episode was atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. Writing was a mess, pacing was a utter mess, just sloppy in every sense of the word. I actually enjoyed Episode 5 quite a lot outside of Dannys burning down the city not feeling genuine. But this episode was baddddd.

I don’t wanna go through 45 pages of reading. What was everyone elses consensus on this episode?

• Like 1

Someone on Reddit pointed out some imagery in the series that I liked. Each time Dany wins, she adds a braid in line with Dothraki tradition (I think). It looks a bit like a mangled brain by the end, reflecting the deterioration of her mental state.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Poor Tywin Lannisters are about to be wiped out. I doubt Tyrion would want to have a kid this late in his life lol.

Not at all.  With his settled position in life now......
No more living in transitory cities recently conquered or moving about to get staged for the next war/battle......
He's "back home" (albeit a home in quite a bit of disrepair.....) - its not how old he is - he should be able to enjoy the company of plenty of young ladies.

2 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Someone on Reddit pointed out some imagery in the series that I liked. Each time Dany wins, she adds a braid in line with Dothraki tradition (I think). It looks a bit like a mangled brain by the end, reflecting the deterioration of her mental state.

After the writing of this season as a whole and various liquid containers being left all over set, I'm going to chalk this up as more of a coincidence than brilliant imagery. 

3 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

This is a cool detail if true.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sorry to be a negative nancy but yikes that episode was atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. Writing was a mess, pacing was a utter mess, just sloppy in every sense of the word. I actually enjoyed Episode 5 quite a lot outside of Dannys burning down the city not feeling genuine. But this episode was baddddd.

I don’t wanna go through 45 pages of reading. What was everyone elses consensus on this episode?

I thought it had bad parts. Like Drogon in the Throne Room and the Stark wrapup finish. The counsel meeting was a joke. But the rest and most the exchanges I enjoyed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

She had been doing that since Drogos death.

36 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

So Bran sees the future and just does nothing to stop anything. Ever. 

Why would he? The Night King got defeated and it was via his plan of luring him to the weirwood trees. Dany burning King’s landing is what got Jon to see she was a threat before she could go run over the world and now that evil is over. His brother Jon got to live amongst the Night Watch Brotherhood and the wildlings, which was the only real way he was going to have a happy life. His sister got to liberate the North and will reign there. His other sister is no longer consumed by vengeance and is free to travel the world. All the evil people like Cersei, Euron, the Mounrain, Qyburn, Dany and the Night King are gone and no longer a danger to the realm. Oh and now Westeros established a new system where their first ruler is an omniscient connected to the Children of the Forest (the original inhabitants of Westeros) who has no allegiances or motives and will simply exist to keep the realm going. 

Yeah battled were fought, but in the end, the best outcome for Westeros probably happened 

• Like 1

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought it had bad parts. Like Drogon in the Throne Room and the Stark wrapup finish. The counsel meeting was a joke. But the rest and most the exchanges I enjoyed.

I thought the exchange between Tyrion and Jon didn’t feel genuine at all and really lacked. 

I thought the only good part of the entire episode was Jon/Greyworm confrontation in the beginning and Tyrions emotion when finding Jamie/Cersei. Had no good scenes outside of that. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I didn't love and I didn't hate it. I do, however, accept it for what it is.

I don't think the issue was writing, but the handicap the show had (or put itself in) by shortening the past two seasons. With 6 more episodes, we could have had better pacing so these turns (Dany for example) were a bit more believable and heartbreaking instead of confusing.

So all in all, I didn't hate this season. Though I know I may be in the small non-bitter minority here. 

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You're the real monster if you didn't get hit in the feels with the Drogon in the Throne Room stuff.

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

But what would Jon's sons become, or his grandsons, or their grandsons.

My disposition on this is, "who gives a damn?".. meaning not snark on you.. but point being, his offspring and further lineage would hold no more regarded importance as anyone else's offspring. You got Targ blood? Lannister blood? Stark Blood? Jemima blood etc etc? don't care. You are just another person that has to learn and live life. No more special or less special than any other name. Enough of the favoritism and nepotism. Earn your way on merit, or sit down and out. 

3 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I didn't love and I didn't hate it. I do, however, accept it for what it is.

I don't think the issue was writing, but the handicap the show had (or put itself in) by shortening the past two seasons. With 6 more episodes, we could have had better pacing so these turns (Dany for example) were a bit more believable and heartbreaking instead of confusing.

So all in all, I didn't hate this season. Though I know I may be in the small non-bitter minority here. 

You can claim it was writing though because the writers because they shortened it on purpose to work on Star Wars. 

It felt ridiculously sloppy, badly written, and most will agree it was at least super rushed to the point nothing really felt genuine or believable. 

• Like 1