Dak - Grown Man

textaz03

27 minutes ago, D82 said:

Well, sure. There's a reason why Zeke was drafted #4 overall. 

But I think Dak's shown he can do alright without him. 

I mean, I sure wouldn't want to see it. Daks 4-3 without him. That's why @BobbyBelt chose to use the last four games only. Because we lost the other 3 before that.  One of the losses being one of the more embarrassing losses for us all time.

Two of the four Zekeless-wins were against this same playoff eliminated Giants team. 1 of those other wins, Dak threw for 102 yards. 

Dak played great today 

Frankly I know we seem to always focus on Zeke or no Zeke  and    Peraonally YES this team can beat any team in the league when the OL and Zeke get in a grove and YES Zeke is by far our best player 

but.   I would hazard a guess and IMO loosing TSmith and Lee last year were what caused us to have those “bad” games more then loosing Zeke 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

He is honestly one of the most confounding players I have ever seen.

The YPA, completion percentage, TD:turnover ratio are impressive; his career record and amount 4th quarter comebacks even more so. Above all else, the confidence he inspires in his teammates is undeniable.

Almost all of the analytics (DVOA, PFF, EPA per dropback, success rate, etc.) which are adjusted for caliber of defense and down-and-distance, paint him as below average, though. And he flunks the eye test repeatedly as it pertains to ball placement, processing speed, and pocket/footwork mechanics. This offense has just had too many clunkers in the last two years to not hold him accountable.

It's hard to feel good about him getting Cousins/Garoppolo money, and it's hard to see his agent taking less than that when Kurt has a losing record and Jimmy G has started like 10 games. But it's easy to understand why we'd want to build our franchise around him.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

7 of 12 teams have QBs on rookie deals. So only 5 teams in the NFL were able to make the playoffs after overpaying the QB position. And the market says that you must over pay.

Your honor.... we rest our case.

But Dak proved he can win without Zeke, Tyron, Martin and Frederick yesterday.

We can obviously let all those players go especially since our oline is terrible (we gave up the 2nd most sacks) and pay Dak big money because he is clutch. 

If that doesnt lead us to a superbowl it's obviously the coaches fault.

37 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

We can obviously let all those players go especially since our oline is terrible (we gave up the 2nd most sacks) and pay Dak big money because he is clutch. 

Now you're talkin

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

Ah, Jerry Jones’ old Tony Romo argument. No reason to invest in a real surrounding cast because the QB can do everything. Yeah, that worked out so well.

And yes, @CAPJ, I know that you aren’t advocating this approach.

Archived