GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Only when it fits our narrative :)

PFF is awesome when it backs up our side of the argument. But when it doesnt, its easy to start the "PFF is garbage and only idiots take them seriously" nonsense.

Very very true.

The People that think PFF is absolute garbage and the people that think PFF is an accurate analytic representation of traditional football scouting analysis are both delusional...

It's all about who's watching the film, what type of understanding of play performance and play traits coding and grading in football at various positions.

Many times PFF is really awful and as such is disregarded as being a misleading football knowledge resource by even analytic lovers in the scouting community.... sometimes it does give  quick and easily accessible metric for the lay football fan to understand whether a player is good or bad.

PFF's best thing is that it has caused casual fans to have an affinity toward data driven football analysis.

As a result, it's worse thing flows from its consumer's overconfidence in the methods behind the numbers (things no one ever digs into and PFF is secretive about when asked for real details), and lack of skepticism about popular narratives that are spread using PFF data.

I fear that there is a day coming soon where PFF gets exposed and the casual fans that have grown to appreciate data driven football analysis will throw the analytics baby out with the bath water.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Ratley should get placed on the practice squad.

Willies instead of Ratley... Ratley is beloved by the scouting community as he was tons of personnel guys late round favorite...

He won't make it to Practice Squad and has shown too much ability to risk it.

Willies is likely to make through to PS though

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Willies instead of Ratley... Ratley is beloved by the scouting community as he was tons of personnel guys late round favorite...

Forgot willies was on our 53

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Facts

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not doubting you, but pretty much no one was pounding the table for him.  No one was calling him an elite CB prospect in March, now the revisionist history is occurring for some. Most folks wanted Barkley, Chubb, Minkah or a trade down.  Ward was prolly the 5th most popular option, at best, at least over the course of the predraft process, Jan to April.

I wanted Baker too. I wanted Manziel at #3 or whatever pick we had that we traded back to take Gilbert. I don't have a good track record and I wasn't pounding the table for Ward but he is who I wanted at #4 when it played out and who I wanted at #4 if we didn't trade back. It is way too soon to call the Ward pick a good one though. Ward was a big need, I figured Chubb over Ogbah was a wash.

Archived