GDT Semèn De: Laissez les bons temps rouler!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. It’s in the title.

-------------------

The Prophecy is Unfolding... (See Below)

----------------

On 9/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Mind Character said:

Very very true.

The People that think PFF is absolute garbage and the people that think PFF is an accurate analytic representation of traditional football scouting analysis are both delusional...

It's all about who's watching the film, what type of understanding of play performance and play traits coding and grading in football at various positions.

Many times PFF is really awful and as such is disregarded as being a misleading football knowledge resource by even analytic lovers in the scouting community.... sometimes it does give  quick and easily accessible metric for the lay football fan to understand whether a player is good or bad.

PFF's best thing is that it has caused casual fans to have an affinity toward data driven football analysis.

As a result, it's worse thing flows from its consumer's overconfidence in the methods behind the numbers (things no one ever digs into and PFF is secretive about when asked for real details), and lack of skepticism about popular narratives that are spread using PFF data.

I fear that there is a day coming soon where PFF gets exposed and the casual fans that have grown to appreciate data driven football analysis will throw the analytics baby out with the bath water.

12 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Duke on the quick slants is a match to what Tyrod does well. And Duke is slippery as an eel in the open field.

How long/many times are we going to pimp Duke.

The team hasn't used him correctly and as a result he hasn't done squat.

Count me out as believing Duke is/will be a weapon.

10 minutes ago, bruceb said:

How long/many times are we going to pimp Duke.

The team hasn't used him correctly and as a result he hasn't done squat.

Count me out as believing Duke is/will be a weapon.

He did well last year I thought. How did you rate his play last year?

18 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I''m going to be pissed when we release Odenigbo to make a roster move while starting Zettel and Chris Smith.. Odenigbo has 8 sack a year plus and impact upside... play the man...

Why would they cut him tho? They have to know the dude can ball and they're not exactly dripping with depth at the position yet.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Why would they cut him tho? They have to know the dude can ball and they're not exactly dripping with depth at the position yet.

Also Chris smith played pretty well in a backup role last week. I'd imagine we'll see pretty evenly split time between Avery, smith and a 3rd player maybe idenigbo.

Garrett pretty much plays every snap on D.

6 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Kirksey and Gordon are out for tomorrow’s game 

And DeValve, although he's obviously the least important player that we'll be missing. Misses all of the training camp and now this.

Losing Gordon obviously sucks. Same with Kirksey, but Burgess is a decent backup. Losing Ogbah is rough, though. Hopefully one of our other DEs can step up.

8 minutes ago, DawgX said:

And DeValve, although he's obviously the least important player that we'll be missing. Misses all of the training camp and now this.

Losing Gordon obviously sucks. Same with Kirksey, but Burgess is a decent backup. Losing Ogbah is rough, though. Hopefully one of our other DEs can step up.

Burgess is horrible. He’s running in quicksand. We’d be better off going to a 4-2 nickel formation tomorrow. 

Archived