Trevor Davis to IR

Arthur Penske

This is the typical bottom of the roster shuffling that goes on every year following week 1. Teams essentially buy an extra week's look with certain players and then form their priority list of targets of players stashed on PS after final cuts. Who was it here who was adamant that I was wrong and that he didn't remember these type of shuffles with PS players? Well, believe it now and you're welcome.

"According to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers are keeping Davis on injured reserve – instead of releasing him from the list with an injury settlement – which will keep open the possibility of the third-year receiver returning after eight weeks, per NFL rules"

3 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"According to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Packers are keeping Davis on injured reserve – instead of releasing him from the list with an injury settlement – which will keep open the possibility of the third-year receiver returning after eight weeks, per NFL rules"

Oh goodie, sounds like we get to continue the Kumerow vs. Davis conversation for another couple months.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, Greg C. said:

I don't think anyone said that, but Davis was the best option to return kicks, which is why he made the roster. 

Sorry, you misunderstood me.  I had a small disagreement with someone else on this forum about Davis being released.  I pointed out a few options and he disagreed with me.  That's why I wrote sarcasm at the end.  I still don't think he's the best option, nor is Montgomery.

Archived