Around the NFL - NFL General GDT

Danger

4 hours ago, Phire said:

Bell isn't worth what he's asking for. Not even close.

yeah, he's a good player..but he's not even much of a game breaker.

He'd do well here...but if I'm moving a pick and then paying someone that much...need more explosive game changing type play than bell provides.

23 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Mahomes has an absolute cannon. 

Reminds me so much of Wentz with how teams just can't tackle him with that combination of size, strength, shiftiness. He's also getting the same type of hype we saw Wentz get throughout last season, and will continue to get it as more people see him for the first time. Rightfully so.

I look at the NFL and feel like it is stacked with potential stud QBs right now, and I can't help but smile that not 1 of our divisional rivals has one of them. Instead they've got 2 older QBs who peaked as top ~15 guys, and whatever you want to call Dak.

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Reminds me so much of Wentz with how teams just can't tackle him with that combination of size, strength, shiftiness. He's also getting the same type of hype we saw Wentz get throughout last season, and will continue to get it as more people see him for the first time. Rightfully so.

I look at the NFL and feel like it is stacked with potential stud QBs right now, and I can't help but smile that not 1 of our divisional rivals has one of them. Instead they've got 2 older QBs who peaked as top ~15 guys, and whatever you want to call Dak.

Steve Brady or Tom Young. pick your poison.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting the sense that the pendulum had swung back and offenses now have a significant upper hand over defenses this year? I swear last year we were all talking about how defensive lines were dominating offensive lines and how offenses around the league just looked bad.

But this year the tables have flipped. Whatever offensive coached did this off-season to adjust, it's working. There really isn't a "good defense" out there, is there? Maybe the Rams? But even they've given up 23 and 31 in consecutive weeks. Vikings defense ain't doing much, and neither is ours.

The NFL feels like the Big-12 this year. Maybe it's because of the rule changes that's making things harder and harder for defensive players. Whatever the case, there isn't a defense in the league that escapes at least some criticism.

32 minutes ago, Phire said:

Anyone else getting the sense that the pendulum had swung back and offenses now have a significant upper hand over defenses this year? I swear last year we were all talking about how defensive lines were dominating offensive lines and how offenses around the league just looked bad.

But this year the tables have flipped. Whatever offensive coached did this off-season to adjust, it's working. There really isn't a "good defense" out there, is there? Maybe the Rams? But even they've given up 23 and 31 in consecutive weeks. Vikings defense ain't doing much, and neither is ours.

The NFL feels like the Big-12 this year. Maybe it's because of the rule changes that's making things harder and harder for defensive players. Whatever the case, there isn't a defense in the league that escapes at least some criticism.

Jaguars

but I definitely agree, not a lot of good defenses. Bears you can put up there as well, they had the one poor half where Rodgers lit them up but otherwise have been lockdown, granted weak opponents. Every other D has had at least 1 very poor game already and we're just a quarter in.

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

As a GM/owner I'd wait for Bell to be a UFA to kick the tires I can't imagine there being a bidding war. 

As a fan, go to the highest bidder because these teams ain't loyal 

I honestly don't want him. He is going to demand way too much for a RB. There is a reason Pitt isn't putting up with him. 

These OT games last Sunday... UGH!

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

13 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I honestly don't want him. He is going to demand way too much for a RB. There is a reason Pitt isn't putting up with him. 

Wentz doesnt produce without a great OL and incredible running game though. 

32 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Little late there Mastercheddar... news is that Bell is reporting back to Pitt during the bye week. Trade is likely no longer on the table, not that I would want us or expect us to have offered anything. 

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wentz doesnt produce without a great OL and incredible running game though. 

Dak doesn't produce even with all those things.

We really should call him Quincy Prescott.

Edited by Jeezla