Who's your 2 favorite players and which one do you like better and why?

mdonnelly21

Cedric Benson - my cousin played with him in HS. Still the greatest I have ever seen.

Charles Tillman - the most underrated NFL player I have ever seen. The ultimate cover 2 CB and the definiton of a complete football player.

The year he had 3 TDs I think he could of and should of won DPOY over Watt.

Tough question... My number one is a lock, but number two is a toss up between an active stud / potential hall of fame talent, & a retired all-time great / hall of famer. 

1) Jim Brown - Will always be my number one. To me, he is the physical embodiment of football. A deity if you will.

(It's kind of a case of - Here come a new challenger! - At the number 2 position)

2a) Terrell Owens - Currently occupies second spot. Love the guy... Physically gifted athlete (Freak) - YAC monster - perfect combination of elusive & powerful (Adrian Peterson at WR) - Could run every route - Beast in traffic - Fitness freak / Elite even in advanced age - Flamboyant entertainer / Celebration king - One of football's greatest heels.

His style of play was my favourite at the WR position. 

AB & OBJ are currently giving me some of the pleasure I experienced during T.O's heyday, but they lack the physicality Owens brought to the game.    

3 / 2b) Khalil Mack - I could see this guy bumping T.O down to number three if he continues on his current trajectory. There's a lot of elite defensive talent currently in the league, & of course throughout its history, but like T.O. I just love Mack's playing style. A legit elite all-round defender, & just a relentless brute that often single-handedly wears down & destroys Olines. His functional in game strength / power is frighting. Even if he the ball is going the other way, I still enjoy watching him take on double / triple teams. 

John Taylor: Such a rare talent. It's like having a nuclear weapon in your arsenal to pull out between the Jerry Rice bomb. 

Kevin Fagan: Greatest point of attack run defender in NFL history. Steroids? Probably. But lining up against Kevin Fagan means you're going to be spending a lot of time on the ground. 

Non-49ers: Loved watching Pat Swilling explode off the edge during the Dome Patrol days. Really, all 4 of those Saints linebackers were cool.

All time? Andre Johnson and Warren Moon.

Johnson was the first big thing for the Texans, and the things he did without a serviceable QB were mind-blowing at the time. 

Moon is probably the reason I'm a football fan to begin with. His time in Houston was amazing, he really showed out in a great era of QBs.

JJ Watt is a very close 3rd and DeAndre Hopkins is tied with Deshaun Watson for 4th. For non Houston players, it starts and ends with Adrian Peterson.

Walter Payton and Jack Youngblood.

Walter Payton is the tops because he embodied every quality you could want in a football player, a man, and a person.

Jack lands at two as one of my childhood idols. He played the game like a superhero.

I probably have Payton over Youngblood simply because I was older when I watched Payton. So I was able to appreciate him more. I was also able to watch more of him.

Marshall Faulk and Peyton Manning.

The sad thing is both of those guys couldve played together for their career but Faulk was young and immature at the time which got him shipped away from Indy to St. Louis. He became mature in St. Louis but it was too late because he was no longer with the Colts. 

I personally love Faulk because when he got with the Rams he was a team player. He could do everything you want from a player. He ran the ball well, he caught the ball well, he was great in pass protection. He even knew what the defense was going to do before the ball was snapped. So that means his IQ was off the charts to go along with his physical abilities. 

I only have one favorite team and thats the Rams but I loved Peyton so much that the Colts became a big interest in me as like a 2nd favorite team from a distance. I just loved how Peyton played the game of football. Again just like Faulk, Peyton IQ was off the charts and he knew he could beat you over and over with his arm. Defenses didnt stand a chance against Peyton because no matter how you approached him from a gameplan perspective, nothing seemed like it could worked. Teams just hoped Peyton was a little off that game because thats really the only way to just slow him down.

Troy Polamalu . Funnest defensive player I ever watched.

Jerome Bettis -  Good guy and loved watching the big man run when I was younger.

AB is/was getting close, but some of his antics keep him down a bit below these two and maybe a few others.

Non Steelers Players....

Larry Fitzgerald -   One of the classiest elite players ever.

Barry Sanders -   Perhaps the most talented PLAYER Ive seen play the game.

This is a tough one since there are alot of players I loved....Jerry Rice, Bo Jackson, JJ Watt, Bruce Smith, etc....but those two stick out.

Archived