MNF: Seahawks @ Bears

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

• Bears
    • Seahawks

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

He's made some plays though with his feet and arms. What I wanna know is where is the run game?

Yeah, he's had flashes, certainly, but so did Jay and Rex.  I'm shellshocked from how Jay and Rex were supposedly so close to being good if they just cleaned up their footwork and made better decisions.  Too early to call it on Trubisky, of course, but he certainly has left me completely unimpressed in that first half.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Let’s be real. This game should be over with the way Chicago’s D is handling Wilson and co. The only reason it’s a game is because of Trubisky’s incompetence. 

yup.   With defensive domination of this caliber, we should be calling this game now, but we can't because of the poor performance on offense, mostly at the hands of trubisky.

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

He's made some plays though with his feet and arms. What I wanna know is where is the run game?

SEA is starting to just load up against run on 1st down - because they realize they want to force Tru to beat them.   It's more apparent in the 2Q that the strategy's changed for SEA on D.   I can't say as I blame them.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

SEA is starting to just load up against run on 1st down - because they realize they want to force Tru to beat them.   It's more apparent in the 2Q that the strategy's changed for SEA on D.   I can't say as I blame them.

Teams loaded up against us all year last season too and we made it work though. 8 touches for a RB like Howard is inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

yup.   With defensive domination of this caliber, we should be calling this game now, but we can't because of the poor performance on offense, mostly at the hands of trubisky.

With a number of other QB's... yes.  With Russ, even this level of 1st half dominance doesn't make even a 3-score lead feel overly safe.  Frodo keeps coming back, like bad foot fungus.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Teams loaded up against us all year last season too and we made it work though. 8 touches for a RB like Howard is inexcusable. 

To be fair, having played SEA - they can't stop the pass.  Calling play action, and letting the WR's beat their DB's and LB's, is the right call.  

Gabriel had a huge chunk play that Tru missed.   Miller had a TD that was wide open.   And 4-5 throws where Tru's inaccuracy caused incompletions, and 4-5 more where the player caught it, but had to adjust so they couldn't go further, so lost yardage.   That's all on Tru.

His mobility and agility are real weapons, and there are skills to work with - but man, Tru's been bad tonight this 1H.  Hopefully he turns it around.

As I say it - really good throw there, perfect location to let ARob then get 5 more yards.   Hopefully as an ARob we see more of that lol.

Archived