2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Thx Gents
My post on the rookie pool was more about the relative size of the allocation as a measure of how much draft capital GB has going into April. GB drafts at # 12, but has the 5th largest allocation, due in large part to Das Gute's moves to acquire an extra 1st and an extra 4th last year. GB has the most capital available since the 2009 draft, which produced Raji, Matthews and a Superb Owl

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

this kid has GB written all over him...

I’d be so disappointed if he doesn’t talk about football with a deep southern accent. Honestly, he moves around and throws like he’s trying to knock Napoleon off a bike. Kind of a mess, mechanics-wise, but he seems to rocket the ball where he wants it to go and he is fearless and confident. 

10 minutes ago, blueswedeshoes said:

I’d be so disappointed if he doesn’t talk about football with a deep southern accent. Honestly, he moves around and throws like he’s trying to knock Napoleon off a bike. Kind of a mess, mechanics-wise, but he seems to rocket the ball where he wants it to go and he is fearless and confident. 

Reminds me of Favre a bit... Total mess when it comes to mechanics, but the arm to do it. I think we are used to seeing the mechanics of Rodgers now days.

2 hours ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Reminds me of Favre a bit... Total mess when it comes to mechanics, but the arm to do it. I think we are used to seeing the mechanics of Rodgers now days.

I'd be ok if he were Favre, but with a brain and good work ethic. 

Daniel Jeremiah mock draft:

GB #12 - Clelin Ferrell - EDGE - Ferrell is an overachiever with excellent production and effort. The Packers need to add some punch to their edge rush.
GB #32 - Noah Fant - TE - Fant is an athletic freak and would be a nice complement to the young WR corps in Green Bay. Jimmy Graham isn't the long-term answer at the position.

Edit Note:

Ferrell is the 4th EDGE selected: Bosa/AZ ; Gary/SF ; Allen/NYJ ; Ferrell/GB.
Fant is the 2nd TE selected: Hockensen/DET ; Fant/GB

6 hours ago, Slinky said:

I'd be ok if he were Favre, but with a brain and good work ethic. 

Brain and good work ethic? Word is he can recall almost every play from every game he played and very bright. 

Also heard Robert Brooks back in the day on radio. He was a workout warrior and was asked by the host if it was lonely being the first one in the weight room every day. He said “not really, I’m usually second”. The host says, “second? Who’s there before you?” Brooks says “Bret! You think he’s good only because he’s gifted? Dude works harder than anyone here”. 

Brett has a reputation as a partyer and maybe he was but you don’t get to that level without busting your but. Maybe didn’t take it seriously in Atlanta but feel he definitely did while here in GB.  

Mulling over a few random draft related items. 

I know I've been there before, but thedraftnetwork.com has quickly become my go-to source this year.  Impressive breakdowns of players, good looking website, and tons of new content.  

If Josh Allen slipped past #5, how much would you be willing to give up to go and get him?  

Jeffery Simmons, Hakeem Butler, Josh Jacobs and TJ Hockenson have been shooting up quite a few big boards.  (Jeremiah had Hock going to Detroit at #8 in his first mock.)  Guys like Wilkins and Sweat seem to be dropping a bit, and Rashan Gary is absolutely all over the place.  I'm sure there is always quite a bit of movement at this time of year, but I find it interesting that certain players seem to get noticed by one "expert" and then they start to fly up/down the rest of the big boards shortly after. 

12 hours ago, thrILL! said:

this kid has GB written all over him...

He's got a whip for an arm, reminds me of Randall Cunningham with the release. I never saw the kid once have to get to a second read. He's accurate, but has so much to learn before he could step onto an NFL field. 

59 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Mulling over a few random draft related items. 

I know I've been there before, but thedraftnetwork.com has quickly become my go-to source this year.  Impressive breakdowns of players, good looking website, and tons of new content.  

If Josh Allen slipped past #5, how much would you be willing to give up to go and get him?  

Jeffery Simmons, Hakeem Butler, Josh Jacobs and TJ Hockenson have been shooting up quite a few big boards.  (Jeremiah had Hock going to Detroit at #8 in his first mock.)  Guys like Wilkins and Sweat seem to be dropping a bit, and Rashan Gary is absolutely all over the place.  I'm sure there is always quite a bit of movement at this time of year, but I find it interesting that certain players seem to get noticed by one "expert" and then they start to fly up/down the rest of the big boards shortly after. 

Those two guys in the first three picks with an EDGE player, Burns or Sweat mixed in would make my draft weekend. 

Josh Allen is the dream pick but doesn't get to 12 and I don't give up an additional 1st or 2nd to go and get him. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Those two guys in the first three picks with an EDGE player, Burns or Sweat mixed in would make my draft weekend. 

Josh Allen is the dream pick but doesn't get to 12 and I don't give up an additional 1st or 2nd to go and get him. 

Yeah I'm having a hard time with that.

Would you rather have Ferrell and Fant/Risner or Josh Allen?

Archived