2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

Let's see if the Saints want to double down on trading their future first round pick.  We'll give them back 30th overall, send a 5th their way and we get their first round pick next year.  How many heart breaking playoff losses can they go without falling apart? 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's see if the Saints want to double down on trading their future first round pick.  We'll give them back 30th overall, send a 5th their way and we get their first round pick next year.  How many heart breaking playoff losses can they go without falling apart? 

Yeah, no we won't! If they want the 30th we get their second and 1st next year. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we can get a future 1st for the 30th pick this year, I will take it without a second thought.

52 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You mean:
GB gets: NO's 2nd round pick in 2019, 1st round pick in 2020

NO gets: pick 30 in 2019, 5th rounder in 2019?

I think now that we are in front of the Patriots we will have a much better shot of drafting Zach Allen. He probably is not going to blow up the combine but this guys tape is as good as the top guys. Would be really happy with Ferrel/Polite and then Allen.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Short of a team giving us an insane deal, I'm not trading up.

I'll leave it up to Gute.  If he's got someone graded as a top level difference maker that won't last until 12 he should make a move up to snag him if he can do it.  We actually use free agency and other methods now to improve our team now .. we can plug some holes in other ways outside of the draft.  We lack impact talent.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I do wonder about trading up a few spots from #30 or #44 though if a guy is there a la Clay Matthews in 2009.

Im seeing alot of parallels to the 2009 draft here - early first and late first/early second for impact players, most likely DT / LB combo too. New coaching staff

19 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

Im seeing alot of parallels to the 2009 draft here - early first and late first/early second for impact players, most likely DT / LB combo too. New coaching staff

Good points.  Might need to look for a team in mid 20's that could use and extra 3rd or 4th.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I do wonder about trading up a few spots from #30 or #44 though if a guy is there a la Clay Matthews in 2009.

That's the beauty of having these extra picks is that you can maneuver around more than you would without those picks.  Imagine moving down a few spots with the Browns and picking up a 3rd & 5th, and then moving up from our original SRP to an earlier SRP or late first giving up one of the 4ths we got.  That'd 3 picks in the top 36 or whatever.

Archived