2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This was tough but I went "B"

Easy B, for me. I don’t get the hype with JJAW. He doesn’t seem dynamic at all, to me. I know this will sound silly, but I almost feel like he’s elevated by having a memorable name. Would take Terry McLaurin over him every time. And then Ed and Hockenson? Oh maronnnne, as much as I like Burns and CGJ, give me B all day. 

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

The Draft Network has this to say about Burns:

BEST TRAIT - Pass Rush

WORST TRAIT - Mass

RED FLAGS - None

Burns is a refined pass rusher that dominated power five competition throughout his college career. While it's easy to love his high-variance, technically refined and gifted pass rushing skill set, Burns is a more versatile defender than he is often credited for. He can win from a three-point or stand-up position with playmaking ability against the run, in coverage and attacking the quarterback. His blend of length, flexibility, technical refinement, football IQ and burst serve as a strong foundation for him to become a dynamic playmaking defender in the NFL.

I tend to agree :)

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.......this has my positional groups written all over it...and really gets down to the subtitles of things:

Burns v Oliver
Hock v Smith
CGJ v nobody (and I really really do want his type play at that position!)
Whiteside v. McLaurin
OT

Damn.

This was tough but I went "B"

Going with A.  For me Burns ceiling is something I'm willing to shoot for.  We still need another safety, CGJ make Amos even more valuable.  Irv will contribute sooner than later.  Don't like the JJ pick though, not as explosive as what we already have. Would look for something of more value at that point.  Hock won't make it to #30.

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That'll do. Donald ran a 4.68 at the combine for comparison's sake. Curious to find out about his 10-yard split.

Yup.  I'm down with him at #12.  Nice to see a DL whose chest is bigger than his gut.  That's just an impressive guy there.

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yup.  I'm down with him at #12.  Nice to see a DL whose chest is bigger than his gut.  That's just an impressive guy there.

But......
If they go with Burns at 12....you can destroy your TV and get that new & improved one you're dreaming of!  :)

Archived