2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

8 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I just don't like taking WRs in the first round no matter how good they are.  I mean, if Metcalf really is a generational prospect, he won't be there at 12.  If 11 teams pass on him, it's safe to say he's not Calvin or Julio or A.J.

He's not a prospect close to their level, doesn't mean he won't be as good or better

15 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

So we know the source/author/link to article if we want to reference or look at it.

Unless an oversight was made, the source has always been provided. Clearly the comment or except provided are not my own words and you can go read the entire article if you choose.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Unless an oversight was made, the source has always been provided. Clearly the comment or except provided are not my own words and you can go read the entire article if you choose.

Just from my perspective, if I was the author and stumbled across it, I would be bummed I wasn't getting a link or at least a name shouted out. But that's just me.

I wonder if Metcalf is anywhere on the Packers board with our notoriously conservative Medical staff. Especially when it concerns neck injuries.

I'm taking big men 12 and 30. There are some top players on both sides of the ball that will be available. That old saying about the scarcity of humans big enough, quick enough, strong enough, and mean enough is true now as  it ever was. They are the heart of any football team. And the hardest to find or be without.

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I just don't like taking WRs in the first round no matter how good they are.  I mean, if Metcalf really is a generational prospect, he won't be there at 12.  If 11 teams pass on him, it's safe to say he's not Calvin or Julio or A.J.

Randy Moss and Jerry Rice...

1 hour ago, Leader said:

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Just from my perspective, if I was the author and stumbled across it, I would be bummed I wasn't getting a link or at least a name shouted out. But that's just me.

I'm not concerned about the author getting credit really. I just don't see why you wouldn't put a link in there so someone can click on it and visit the article/website without having to google and search it.

Leader posts potions of articles/tweets with something like " from the draft network"... what does that mean? Context is useful. Which writer there wrote it? When? etc.

I just don't understand why it's hard to provide a link to the source? It's so much more useful and easy to do.

Archived