2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

The Draft Network has this to say about Burns:

BEST TRAIT - Pass Rush

WORST TRAIT - Mass

RED FLAGS - None

Burns is a refined pass rusher that dominated power five competition throughout his college career. While it's easy to love his high-variance, technically refined and gifted pass rushing skill set, Burns is a more versatile defender than he is often credited for. He can win from a three-point or stand-up position with playmaking ability against the run, in coverage and attacking the quarterback. His blend of length, flexibility, technical refinement, football IQ and burst serve as a strong foundation for him to become a dynamic playmaking defender in the NFL.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Cajuste ruins B for me. Switch that with say Lindstrom, Bradbury or McGovern and I'd be joyous with that haul.

I'd be just fine with A too.

No safety on B is hard to swallow too. Not a fan of either to be honest.

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Ya see......
This is where my more lais·sez-faire approach pays off. That plus a less than in depth knowledge of the player talent pool.
People around me aren't ducking from flying projectiles and my material possessions remain safe :)
I have my player and positional favorites (or priorities). How its gonna play out? Only time (and Gute....and all the other teams making selections) will tell.

I'm trying to be that way too, but....

My tv is an older Samsung.  I'm looking for a reason to upgrade and Best Buy is right down the street.  A draft like that would help me out in that respect.  

14 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Thanks - Excellent response.   I guess I think pick 12 is too high for what you are describing.  Especially since I think he spends a lot of time coasting/watching on the field.

BTW I did watch the combine.  My concerns are not with the athlete, they are with the football player.  He looks to be a great athlete.

I agree with you.  You'd like a more "impact" guy at #12.  But if that pick is Burns, you just gotta think that the coaching staff is going to love coaching him up and getting more muscle on that young frame.  

It looks like the market value for Rosen right now is a second round pick.  I think the highest the Cardinals possibly get is 17th overall from the Giants with the other most-likely spots for him are 28th overall (Chargers), 32nd overall (Patriots), 37th overall (Giants). 

Lowest is probably the Broncos at 41st (if the Broncos don't take a QB in one). 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It looks like the market value for Rosen right now is a second round pick.  I think the highest the Cardinals possibly get is 17th overall from the Giants with the other most-likely spots for him are 28th overall (Chargers), 32nd overall (Patriots), 37th overall (Giants). 

Lowest is probably the Broncos at 41st (if the Broncos don't take a QB in one). 

Hoping he goes to the Chargers or somewhere similar. Want the Giants to have to commit to a QB at 6. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Hoping he goes to the Chargers or somewhere similar. Want the Giants to have to commit to a QB at 6. 

Me too, but it doesn't really matter.  If the Giants don't take a QB at 6, that QB is still going before 12. 

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm trying to be that way too, but....

My tv is an older Samsung.  I'm looking for a reason to upgrade and Best Buy is right down the street.  A draft like that would help me out in that respect.  

A method to the madness.....understood :)

I'll add.........

Hopefully the Packers make an absolute killing in this draft, but there's just something about it that doesnt sit well with you and pushes you over the edge into getting that new TV. (You'll come to love the draft once you can see the players  better) :)

Archived