2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

10 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Schrager has GB picking Hockenson and Riley in the first round.  All of these offensive players being mocked to GB by the pundits lately:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024194/article/peter-schrager-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-broncos-land-haskins?campaign=fb-nn--sf209958483-sf209958483&sf209958483=1&utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

They've got to change up the content as folks have been clicking on defensive players going to GB for weeks now...........

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

They've got to change up the content as folks have been clicking on defensive players going to GB for weeks now...........

Good a guess as any, Leader.  I’m wondering if other folks are thinking Hock will get picked up in the top 12-20?  Seems a bit high to me, but I could see someone like the Pats moving up some to grab him.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Good a guess as any, Leader.  I’m wondering if other folks are thinking Hock will get picked up in the top 12-20?  Seems a bit high to me, but I could see someone like the Pats moving up some to grab him.

I'm going brain numb from it all actually having read so many player profiles and where this guy is going there then - no - he going then to there - no again - he's not going anywhere till much later because of this, that or the other things. The draft could be tomorrow far as I'm concerned.

42 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Schrager has GB picking Hockenson and Riley in the first round.  All of these offensive players being mocked to GB by the pundits lately:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001024194/article/peter-schrager-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-broncos-land-haskins?campaign=fb-nn--sf209958483-sf209958483&sf209958483=1&utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

I would hate to take a WR at 30, but if we did, there’s about a dozen I’d take before Ridley. 

3 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I would hate to take a WR at 30, but if we did, there’s about a dozen I’d take before Ridley. 

Given what this draft offers, I am almost certain we won't take a WR til day three. It will lean offense too.

Personally the only edge I want is day three or Christian Miller at 75. Tweaked up = injury prone. Save high picks for bigs.

59 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Given what this draft offers, I am almost certain we won't take a WR til day three. It will lean offense too.

Personally the only edge I want is day three or Christian Miller at 75. Tweaked up = injury prone. Save high picks for bigs.

Watch us take Metcalf in the first. I'm kind of warming up to the idea.

10 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Me, at the idea of taking Melcalf: I will recreate the Justin Harrell video. Oh my god, somebody run me over with a snow plow. 

Me, after we take Metcalf: SUPER BOWL, BABY. 40 POINTS A GAME. TRY AND STOP US NOW ****ERS!

2 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I refuse to watch a minute him. Ridiculous. No way. I could see us drafting a legit top 20 receiver like the one the Giants traded.

But we regularly draft probowlers in round 2 bc we do it smart. There is no top tier talent at WR this year and we have five possible starters on the team. Hock or Fant are ten times more likely.

If the pack draft a Burns or Metcalf, delete my account. Not only that but Gute's days are numbered 

I am hoping for a move down, but I think it's Dillard, Hock (with move down), Oliver and possibly Wilkins......Lawrence is a long shot (Raji 2.0). Those are all smart picks and what they have done 20years. White would be Hawk 2.0 and a mistake. 

4 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Schrager*  is a pundit? I thought being a pundit meant you were an expert in a field?

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

There's no corner truly worthy of 12 if that's the route we want. Value is much better in rounds 2-3 for corners than round 1.

Again, thanks for the info, PR. Bad luck for us not to have a 1-12 value CB available this year. King's health has been an issue since day 1, and Jackson is unproven and may be better at S, where there is also a need. Today's NFL is a passing game and we look awfully thin in the secondary. If 2-44 is used for a CB, and 1-30 is used for a S, maybe Oliver or Dillard are the best 1-12 choices. I've been reading here that DL may also be good value in rounds 2-3, I think. Rounds 4 or 5 will be needed to find a replacement for Taylor.

Maybe

1-12 Oliver or Dillard

1-30 CGJ or Savage or Adderly

2 CB

3 DL

4 TE and G

5 RB

Just trying to match value to need. The cupboard looks really bare!

Some Draft Network chatter.....

-Are you ready for a little game I like to call the “annual fall of Alabama draft prospects”? Based on everything I’m hearing, Mack Wilson and Deionte Thompson are going to be available later in the draft than many think they are, perhaps even into the late stages of round 3. Thompson’s inability to run so far has kept his stock down. Teams just aren’t going to risk a high pick on a 1-year starter with speed concerns, especially when they are already worried about his playing weight. As for Wilson, he didn’t test well at his pro day and his tape got worse as his junior year went on. He also has not killed interviews with teams and may not have the work ethic or alpha male demeanor that some GMs want in their linebackers.

-I like Miles Boykin, but there isn’t enough upside there for me to think about him before the middle of the draft. His Combine was great, but he doesn’t always play to that potential.

-In the WVU wide receiver battle, Gary Jennings > David Sills for me, easily. Both are day 3 guys, but Jennings is much more likely to see the field in certain packages as a vertical threat or special teams guy, and he has more upside as a developmental player if it comes down to a practice squad spot.

-Clemson cornerback Mark Fields is my sleeper in an abysmal corner class. I can only speak to what he does on the field, but he was very good in 2018 despite not playing much. Traits are there for him to be a top three corner for a team in the NFL, at the likely cost of a day three pick.

-Don’t get it with Michigan CB David Long. He also doesn’t play to his testing, looking like an ideal no. 4 cornerback with inside/outside versatility for a press man team.

- I have zero Round 1 grades on this cornerback class and just eight in the top three rounds, with Julian Love and Sean Bunting still to watch. Brutal year to need a difference-making corner, gang. Worst class I can recall in my years of doing this.

-I think the edge defenders that are a lock to go Round 1 are Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Brian Burns, Rashan Gary and Montez Sweat. Clelin Ferrell has a good shot, and Chase Winovich could sneak in, although it would still surprise me a bit. Jachai Polite is in free fall, and teams aren’t going to take Christian Miller high even though they like him a good bit, simply because of the injury history and lack of usage at Alabama. 

-Anyone still mocking Jaylon Ferguson in Round 1 has no idea what they’re doing. Period.

Just using the spreadsheet I made I did a draft on TDN and came away okay with it. Obviously doubt Hockenson will be there at all, but here's the results:

12 - Burns

30 - Hockenson

44 - Dexter Lawrence

75 - Emanuel Hall

114 - Josh Oliver

118 - Germaine Pratt

150 - Devine Ozigbo

185 - Sheldrick Redwine

194 - Mike Weber

226 - Otaro Alaka

Archived