2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Jawaan Taylor looks like a dancing bear.

Did he do drills at his pro day?

Mistaking Taylor for Dillard?

I don't see how anyone can say Taylor's feet are better than Dillard. Dillard reminds me of Bahk his pass pro is that advanced. Taylor is going to fall on draft day. Everyone loves these strong Mauler types in the media, but NFL teams know the way the game is played, it's the Dillard types that hit. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Given the state of our roster and the fact we have 30th and 44th as well as 3 picks in rounds 3/4, I'm honestly hoping we do the same thing we did last year and try to get the 2019 and 2020 first round picks from the Titans, Steelers, Seahawks, Ravens, Texans, Raiders (24th and the Bears or Raiders 2020 first round pick), Eagles, Colts, 27th and the Raiders 2020 first, Chargers or Rams. 

12th overall is too much value for what will be available 12th overall this year (unless Oliver falls there). 

Spending 12th overall on a TE/ILB or a meh EDGE/OT is not all that appealing to me, and the chance at getting even higher next year is too much to pass up. 

There's nothing about Burns or Sweat that say "meh" to me as a prospect. Two different styles but both elite athletes that produced well in college. Would love to welcome either.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

There's nothing about Burns or Sweat that say "meh" to me as a prospect. Two different styles but both elite athletes that produced well in college. Would love to welcome either.

Sweat's heart makes him a meh.  The rate at which NFL players retire young due to health, I don't like it. 

Fulfilling my daily TDN Mock Draft addiction.....

12 - Brian Burns, EDGE
30 - Noah Fant, TE
44 - Jeffery Simmons, IDL
75 - Amani Hooker, S

My take: I could live with this :)

@ChaRisMa - had my eye out for Rapp. Especially since "my" top Safeties were gone - but selected Simmons @ 44 instead so as to satisfy @JaireAlex who's been busting my chops about the DL (!!!) and Rapp went at 53 :( Not sure about Hooker......for some reason I sense I drafted another Box Safety wanna-be!

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Ideally:

#12- DL/Edge

#30- Quality Offensive depth whether it be OL, TE or WR. (too early for RB)

#44- Safety

Went Gary at 12- there was a huge DL/Edge run to start, and Gary was definitely BPA there (thought I know he's controversial). Got 30 coming up, and Risner and Butler are the best offensive guys left IMO.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

12 - Brian Burns, EDGE
30 - Noah Fant, TE
75 - Amani Hooker, S

@ChaRisMa - had my eye out for Rapp. Especially since "my" top Safeties were gone - but selected Simmons @ 44 instead so as to satisfy @JaireAlex who's been busting my chops about the DL (!!!) and Rapp went at 53 :( Not sure about Hooker......for some reason I sense I drafted another Box Safety wanna-be!

Hooker has the ability to play in a two-high, so it's all good

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

12 - Brian Burns, EDGE
30 - Noah Fant, TE
75 - Amani Hooker, S

Simmons could be our pick at 12. Background + Medical = Wildcard to predict. If we are happy with both those situations you probably think a few other teams are too, and 12 is a nice spot to get him fully healthy.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Simmons could be our pick at 12. Background + Medical = Wildcard to predict. If we are happy with both those situations you probably think a few other teams are too, and 12 is a nice spot to get him fully healthy.

44 is even better......meaning: probably wouldnt happen.

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Since I probably won't be ready to face the music for a couple hours, here are my reaction posts for certain scenarios at 12th overall:

Devin White:

IRU.gif

Any WR or TE:

The above plus

tenor.gif?itemid=5189853

Plus

giphy.gif

Ain't happening......or I will stop watching the Packers til Gute is gone.

Don't worry. No way these things happen........only WR and only because they think he's a once in five year stud and I just don't see it in this class.

11 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Any chance that Isaiah Johnson is there at 115 or 119?

Edit: Better question; Would you rather take Bunting at 76 or Johnson at 115? Assuming we took a EDGE at 12 and Safety at 44.

Johnson at 115 given I have them tiered in a similar place.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Mistaking Taylor for Dillard?

I don't see how anyone can say Taylor's feet are better than Dillard. Dillard reminds me of Bahk his pass pro is that advanced. Taylor is going to fall on draft day. Everyone loves these strong Mauler types in the media, but NFL teams know the way the game is played, it's the Dillard types that hit. 

No I meant Taylor. And I didn't say his feet were better than Dillard's anywhere...

Just going off what I saw on the couple cut-ups I watched and some other opinions I've read. Unfortunately don't have numbers to confirm and I'm not an OL guy, so I can be convinced otherwise:

Ideal foot quickness and body control to cover the edge against speed rushers.

Erupts out of his stance with an elite feel for proper range in his set points. 

Almost never off-balance or out of control in his movements. Good luck beating him with speed.

Elite body control at the second level. Hits targets on the move with eye-popping agility

BEST TRAIT - Pass Pro Footwork

Rare lateral movement skills for his size. Has really cleaned up his pass sets

Love how smart he is in pass protection

Feet - Smooth and controlled footwork, especially for a man of his size. Impressive lateral mobility and smooth change of direction skills. Rarely false steps when releasing to space. Has really cleaned up issues with his kick slide that caused him issues earlier in his career.

BEST TRAIT - Pass Blocking

Flexibility - Surreal lower body mobility, especially playing in his pass sets.

BEST TRAIT - Pass Sets

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jawaan-taylor

That just screams "dancing bear" to me.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Sweat gives me a Bruce Irvin vibe. I guy that was over hyped because he ran fast at the combine but meh as a pro. Burns on the other hand would welcome at 12.

Archived