Week 3 GDT: THE RESURRECTION The Wentzylvania Ginger Jesus's (1-1) vs the Indianapolis Reich's (1-1)

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Hilton plays in the slot a lot, and we play enough zone that having anyone shadow a WR becomes impractical and detrimental by forcing guys out of their comfort zones. Hopefully they don't decide to pick on the green goblin and just line up TY rightside every snap, although that'd certainly be the smart thing to do...

then you just have jones island walk out there and make t.y. retire at halftime 

57 minutes ago, Blaaaaaah said:

Well, maybe don’t move him outside then. We are a nickel defense. He’s playing a starter’s role. But he is playing significantly less snaps than Darby and Mills. Maddox has been strictly a STs player so far. I don’t know how effective Mills is in the slot. I’d say nothing needs to be changed as of now. I’ve said, that Tampa game was a horrible gameplan. They consistently played 7 yards off because they were scared to death of getting beat deep, even though they did anyway. Not sure how much that falls on the actually DBs. How many hitch and comeback routes did Fitz just roast us on without any adjustment? Gotta lay that on Schwartzy. Curious to see some adjustment but theres no need to panic. Cox was pretty adamant in a lockeroom interview saying they’ll be fine, “I promise you that.”

23 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

https://fansided.com/2018/09/19/nfl-broadcast-map-week-3-2018/   

:D Because the kitty bowl is technically an AFC game it's on the other channel. Colts v Eagles will be on my Faux station! I might have to live blog with you guys?!?!

Time to send the colts to the glue factory!

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Good afternoon defending Super Bowl Champs. Can I get your guys' thought on Agholor not just for this game, but also for the remainder of the season? What are your expectations for him with the return of Wentz? How much do you expect his target share to take a hit once Jeffery returns? Thanks fellas.

6 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Good afternoon defending Super Bowl Champs. Can I get your guys' thought on Agholor not just for this game, but also for the remainder of the season? What are your expectations for him with the return of Wentz? How much do you expect his target share to take a hit once Jeffery returns? Thanks fellas.

I love him in fantasy. He scored 8 TD's last year and was a pretty viable play in PPR last year with Alshon/ He looked awesome in camp. I think he is a pretty reliable play all year. Wentz likes to spread it around but he is certainly is a top 3 target in what should be a good offense (if people would stop getting hurt!) 

9 hours ago, dtait93 said:

he's about to tuddy it up watch. 

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, maybe don’t move him outside then. We are a nickel defense. He’s playing a starter’s role. But he is playing significantly less snaps than Darby and Mills. Maddox has been strictly a STs player so far. I don’t know how effective Mills is in the slot. I’d say nothing needs to be changed as of now. I’ve said, that Tampa game was a horrible gameplan. They consistently played 7 yards off because they were scared to death of getting beat deep, even though they did anyway. Not sure how much that falls on the actually DBs. How many hitch and comeback routes did Fitz just roast us on without any adjustment? Gotta lay that on Schwartzy. Curious to see some adjustment but theres no need to panic. Cox was pretty adamant in a lockeroom interview saying they’ll be fine, “I promise you that.”

A lot of it is on Schwartz, he likes our DBs giving that 7-10 yard cushion, and we never press. Play up tight occasionally, but press and try to disrupt timing? Almost never. I do get it against a guy like DJax who isn't likely to threaten you over middle or run timing routes and is obviously huge danger over the top, but we seem to do it with everyone. A lot of the times Darby got beat by Evans short it was just a quick release from snap to throw with great timing and accuracy from Fitz, which really is nigh impossible to stop unless you're playing ultra aggressive.

I'm not about to exactly question Schwartz here since he's an accomplished DC who has proven himself, so I'm gonna assume I am the one missing something here... but why do the CBs play so much soft coverage, and not press, when his entire defense is predicated, more so than most, on getting pressure with just the front 4? Shouldn't the assumption be that your impressive front 4 is going to win the battle, and thus the ball is going to come out quick? In which case the CBs should be pressing, while the safeties play to prevent the big play in the event the front 4 doesn't get there quick enough. I still get nightmares from that week 3 against the Giants last year where our vaunted DL was up against the Giants embarrassing OL, yet they completely nullified our pass rush by just obliterating us with short throws against charmin soft zone, and we never adjusted.

Hey guys, 

Im a little more optimistic about this game then I was prior to the start of the season. 

- Anthony Castonzo hasn’t played because of a hamstring injury which might keep him out for a couple more games but Le’Raven Clark played pretty good against Washington.

- Joe Haeg also played well against Washington at RT after playing LT against Cincinnati and not looking too good there.

- BigQ held up pretty well against Geno Atkins, Jonathan Allen and now has Fletcher Cox. 

- Pierre Desir and Kenny Moore have proved to be solid fits at CB in this zone defense. 

- Frank Reich’s gameplan could be tested by a coaching staff who are familiar with some of his ideas. 

- I’m glad we’re facing Wentz instead of Foles because he hasn’t tested his knee in game action yet. 

I don’t think we win, but I do think we’ll make a game of it and have all of you gnashing your teeth at the end. 

Archived