Let the Mayfield Mayhem Begin

Dawgpoun8017

Completely different team with Mayfield at QB. We actually looked like a competent football team against a solid defense. The running game also opened up because they couldn't sell out with defenders stacked in the box anymore. Mayfield handled the rush beautifully as well. You can see the other players respond to his energy and trust him. The crowd was immediately re-energized as well. It took me back to the days when teams feared coming to Cleveland because fans would pelt them with batteries and whatnot, lol. We need to get that intimidation factor back. We need to own our own house then start building some continuity so we can travel better as well.

21 minutes ago, shoffma1999 said:

Completely different team with Mayfield at QB. We actually looked like a competent football team against a solid defense. The running game also opened up because they couldn't sell out with defenders stacked in the box anymore. Mayfield handled the rush beautifully as well. You can see the other players respond to his energy and trust him. The crowd was immediately re-energized as well. It took me back to the days when teams feared coming to Cleveland because fans would pelt them with batteries and whatnot, lol. We need to get that intimidation factor back. We need to own our own house then start building some continuity so we can travel better as well.

That’s a fine goal.

I’m just focused on multiple wins in a season right now.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, it’s early and it’s Cleveland, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Nothing is guaranteed, but this time it's different.  I think last night will be looked back upon as a milestone for our team.

There will be ups and downs, but this is probably the end of the embarrassment.

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

Dak looked amazing his first season as well.

Lets temper our expectations, give the kid time and he will be the franchise QB

So did RG3 and Vince Young.

Big difference is that Baker is doing things that are sustainable, and raising the level of play of everyone around him.  

6 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Dak looked amazing his first season as well.

Lets temper our expectations, give the kid time and he will be the franchise QB

Daks was playing on a loaded team tho. HC and OC have been there for years and been successful. Best OL in the league, stud RB that was an amazing blocker on bltizes. Damn good group of receivers. 

2nd best WR is a rookie

TE is a 2nd year guy

rookie LT and 1st year starter at RT 

Rb trying to start his career 

OC in his first year in town learning how to use the team. 

Only thing Baker has over rookie Dak is a better defense

59 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Why you can't go back to Tyrod Taylor:  A visual representation

His follow up tweet was perfect. The OL looking better with Baker wasn't a coincidence. Tyrod doesn't throw to the middle of the field because he doesn't want to risk picks. So they were able to send 5th/6th rushers far more frequently without worrying about opening up middle crossing and seam routes. As soon as Baker went in, that was no longer an option.

Legitimatley, my #1 fear for our long term future as a team at this point is that Baker saves this coaching staff their jobs and we get stuck in a Green Bay McCarthy type situation where we have the talent to go to the Superbowl year in year out and our coaching holds us back. I was really looking forward to some offensively brilliant coach coming in next year to take Baker and this group, add a stud #1 WR, and wreck the league.

Archived