Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Antonio Brown recently went on Lebron James' barbershop show, and if it wasn't obvious before that Brown had an axe to grind, well...take a look. A little of the language in the video can probably labeled NSFW. Just a warning. 

I know Ben has garnered a reputation for not taking blame for his mistakes, or throwing others under the bus as well (just more passive aggressive), but it's too bad Brown couldn't be the bigger man about it. I guess he really wants out though. 

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm still not completely buying it. This still seems like a cute idea that snowballed in the media frenzy into something bigger. Like AB to the 49ers when that all started. Maybe I just doubt that a team would have the guts to basically take a quarterback in the top 10 and then follow it up with a quarterback at #1 overall. 

• Like 1

So rumors are that Todd Gurley has arthritis in the knees. Potentially a huge issue for him moving forward. None of the options available to him to help out with this are particularly appealing (including microfacture surgery, apparently), and this isn't something that gets better with time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Certainly is. Very surprised by the RB 40 target time. Obviously, you want the speed, but there have been a ton of guys in that 4.6 area that have been great (Frank Gore, Arian Foster to name a couple). My cut off is actually a little lower than that - usually around 4.65 - 4.70. My target time for tight ends would actually be a little higher in the new NFL. 4.85 isn't going to cut it for me anymore. Too many guys running sub 4.7's. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm still not completely buying it. This still seems like a cute idea that snowballed in the media frenzy into something bigger. Like AB to the 49ers when that all started. Maybe I just doubt that a team would have the guts to basically take a quarterback in the top 10 and then follow it up with a quarterback at #1 overall. 

I wonder if Cliff K got free reign when he was hired though. To be able to go get his guy. 

20 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I wonder if Cliff K got free reign when he was hired though. To be able to go get his guy. 

Possible. Keim playing a dangerous game with his job if that's the case though

Looking like Lawrence is going to get the tag a second year in a row from the Cowboys. Reports are that an extension is not close. The Cowboys have about 47.5M in cap space right now, a second tag on Lawrence would mean 20 million, leaving them with 27.5. They don't have much else in the re-signing department, but do have guys that could require an extension right now (If I'm Dak, no way do I want to play this season at 2M), so cap space could get quick in a hurry to sign ET. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Looking like Lawrence is going to get the tag a second year in a row from the Cowboys. Reports are that an extension is not close. The Cowboys have about 47.5M in cap space right now, a second tag on Lawrence would mean 20 million, leaving them with 27.5. They don't have much else in the re-signing department, but do have guys that could require an extension right now (If I'm Dak, no way do I want to play this season at 2M), so cap space could get quick in a hurry to sign ET. 

I think they extend Zeke this offseason as well. 

I just don't see how they make a serious run at ET unless he is willing to take a solid discount. I know there have been reports he won't do that, but that is their only chance. No way they can compete with other teams for his services.