Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think they extend Zeke this offseason as well. 

I just don't see how they make a serious run at ET unless he is willing to take a solid discount. I know there have been reports he won't do that, but that is their only chance. No way they can compete with other teams for his services. 

Agreed. I think if we want ET and really go hard after him, we have a really good shot at landing him. 

NBC Sports' Peter King was told the Cardinals might only fetch a third-round pick for Josh Rosen.

"Probably a three," a "renowned NFL GM" told King. "Not what the Cardinals would think his value is." The Cardinals are reportedly planning to select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick, but they have to trade Rosen before then if they hope to get anything of value back. Owed a total of $1.98 million in base salary over the next three seasons with minimal roster bonuses, Rosen's contract will be extremely team-friendly for whichever organization trades for him. Teams with aging starters, like the Patriots and Chargers, will likely take a long look at Rosen if he is actually available.

19 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Yeah I dont either. I was thinking last night a 2nd and some change based on performance.

Based on performance? He had the worst rookie year for a QB ever, did he not? I was not impressed with his collegiate career either. A 3rd is about all he is worth, IMO. Rosen just isn't all that.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Bosa goes 1. Niners will gladly take 4 and 24 from you guys, Oakland.

I mean only reason they do that is if they feel a team like the Giants will jump them to get a QB. Because the Jets at #3 aren't going QB. 

But I don't see Bosa going #1, think Murray will be the pick. If not by the Cardinals, then by another team. 

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Bosa goes 1. Niners will gladly take 4 and 24 from you guys, Oakland.

I've been so caught up in Murray at 1 that I didn't even consider what would happen if the Cards take Bosa at 1. If we're sitting at 2 with Murray on the board, I would think we would be in the driver's seat for a bidding war between the Raiders, Giants, and Jags, right? The only trip up in this is the fact that the Jets want to trade out. It could be slightly cheaper to trade with them than us. 

• Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I've been so caught up in Murray at 1 that I didn't even consider what would happen if the Cards take Bosa at 1. If we're sitting at 2 with Murray on the board, I would think we would be in the driver's seat for a bidding war between the Raiders, Giants, and Jags, right? The only trip up in this is the fact that the Jets want to trade out. It could be slightly cheaper to trade with them than us. 

Jags will sign Foles so they won't be in the Murray or Haskins sweepstakes. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jags will sign Foles so they won't be in the Murray or Haskins sweepstakes. 

So then, hypothetically, it's a bidding war between the Raiders and the Giants. I don't have a lot of confidence that the Giants are completely sold on Murray, so let's say the Raiders win out. A package could look something like this:

Raiders get - 1.2: Kyler Murray

Niners get - 1.4, 1.27, 3.66, and 5.142

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

So then, hypothetically, it's a bidding war between the Raiders and the Giants. I don't have a lot of confidence that the Giants are completely sold on Murray, so let's say the Raiders win out. A package could look something like this:

Raiders get - 1.2: Kyler Murray

Niners get - 1.4, 1.27, 3.66, and 5.142

If this happens , I will buy a Kyler Murray Jersey, and customize the words, " THANKS, SUCKAS ! " on the back. :P 

If we stay put, we win anyway with BOSA. :) 

Edited by oldman9er

30 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Based on performance? He had the worst rookie year for a QB ever, did he not? I was not impressed with his collegiate career either. A 3rd is about all he is worth, IMO. Rosen just isn't all that.

Rosen didn't have anywhere even remotely close to the worst rookie season ever... Alex Smith had 1! touchdown his first season and he's had a nice career in the nfl. Ryan Leaf had 2 touchdowns his rookie season. I said it earlier in the thread (maybe it was another one, I'm not sure) but he has one of the purest passing arms in the nfl, nfl size and he is very intelligent. He's worth more than a third for how young he is and for his potential. I liked him alot more than Darnold coming out.

I realize I may be in the minority there, but it is what it is.

Edited by Ftn49
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Rosen didn't have anywhere even remotely close to the worst rookie season ever... Alex Smith had 1! touchdown his first season and he's had a nice career in the nfl. Ryan Leaf had 2 touchdowns his rookie season. I said it earlier in the thread (maybe it was another one, I'm not sure) but he has one of the purest passing arms in the nfl, nfl size and he is very intelligent. He's worth more than a third for how young he is and for his potential. I liked him alot more than Darnold coming out.

Was going to comment and say the same thing. Even in more recent years, Geno Smith, Blake Bortles, and Deshone Kizer had worse rookie seasons. 

However, it should be noted that this is the company Rosen needs to be compared to in order to look superior, so it is not doing much to sway my opinion that a 3rd is all he is worth. But I can also see the Pats giving up a 2nd to sit behind Brady for a couple years. I do think Rosen is closer to Alex Smith than the other guys. I think he was in a terrible situation to start, and sitting for a couple years to learn and shake out the poor offensive line PTSD he probably has could enable him to be a really good starter on a great team.