Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

For anyone interested in PFF scores. It looks like they have Kamara listed at 81.3 ahead of Gurley who is listed at 78.7. I don't value them much, but I know some seem to use them (especially when it favors their argument in player comparisons lol).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/alvin-kamara/11822

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/todd-gurley/9443

• Like 1

Ingram's always been really good.  It was weird how someone who knows offense as well as Payton did either wasn't aware of it or simply didn't care to give him the ball.  Granted he had some injuries but the Saints would go long phases without giving him touches.

He might be in the top 10.  It's hard to say for sure because the RB position is loaded.  I wouldn't take him over Gurley, Elliott, Johnson, Kamara, Bell, Hunt, or Barkley (longevity doesn't mean as much to me for the RB position and Barkley is obviously the real deal).  I'd take McCaffrey over him too; Ingram is the better pure runner but CMC is a much better receiver.  After that it depends on how you feel about Conner, Gordon, Mixon, etc.  So I'd say he's in the conversation for #9-#10 with a bunch of guys.

Edited by iknowcool

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Ingram's always been really good.  It was weird how someone who knows offense as well as Payton did either wasn't aware of it or simply didn't care to give him the ball.  Granted he had some injuries but the Saints would go long phases without giving him touches.

He might be in the top 10.  It's hard to say for sure because the RB position is loaded.  I wouldn't take him over Gurley, Elliott, Johnson, Kamara, Bell, Hunt, or Barkley (longevity doesn't mean as much to me for the RB position and Barkley is obviously the real deal).  I'd take McCaffrey over him too; Ingram is the better pure runner but CMC is a much better receiver.  After that it depends on how you feel about Conner, Gordon, Mixon, etc.  So I'd say he's in the conversation for #9-#10 with a bunch of guys.

Yes, he's been good since 2013.  I mean, wasn't awful in 2011 or 2012, but he clearly hit another gear after a few years in the league.

Payton has always been stubborn, especially with Ingram, but at the same time, Saints were in shootouts constantly and playing from behind.  But yes, I'd say most Saints fans wanted ot see him run the ball more. 

Ingram’s really good. He has consistently been one of the top backs at yards after contact and is as good as anyone in pass defense. 

Kamara is essentially an NFL caliber WR that’s also a really good RB. The completely each other so well but do enough of what eac other does well enough to keep the offense really unpredictable. Incredibly difficult to stop right now.