Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

"Oscar campaign budgets for films seeking nominations in multiple categories, such as “A Star Is Born,” “Roma” and “First Man,” can run from $20 million to $30 million as companies compete with each other to out-wine and dine awards voters, according to insiders at the various studios and streamers. One source said the campaign for “A Star Is Born” came in at slightly lower than $20 million, in a studio effort to spend more strategically than in past years (as with the $25 million it spent on “Argo,” or the $20 million for “Gravity,” the insider said). "

these studios could use this money to produce a mid-budget film lol

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

they should of tried being creative for once with these films and do something different from the 90s film.

But then its not being faithful and you have a whole different type but equally as vocal outrage. Let me rephrase a tiny bit. There is no way to make everyone happy with Genie in the live action format. Someone will be upset at the depiction and it will be a large contingent no matter how it was done IMO. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

It's literally buff, blue Will Smith. If it weren't for Naomi Scott I'd probably be passing on it.

Ill see it when it comes to home video.     

I only go to a few movies a year anymore....and this wont be one of them.

• Like 1

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Ill see it when it comes to home video.     

I only go to a few movies a year anymore....and this wont be one of them.

I'm the complete opposite. I have a friend who sees almost everything that comes out. So we just bought the AMC A List thing and go catch a movie every Thursday. I don't see as many as him but I see a ton of movies in theaters.

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm the complete opposite. I have a friend who sees almost everything that comes out. So we just bought the AMC A List thing and go catch a movie every Thursday. I don't see as many as him but I see a ton of movies in theaters.

Used to go every week or at least every other week.    Now, I only go about every 3 or 4 months....actually only saw 2 in theaters in 2018.

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd love to do that, but ain't nobody got time for that. It's hard enough to find time to do 1 or 2 a year. 

In about 14 years when my youngest is about out of the house the movie once a week thing is something i'm fully on board with doing.  Until then, no way i'll have time for that.  Not counting movies I take my boys to see, I get about 1-2 year if i'm lucky.  Until then I get to see animated movies, super hero movies, and the occasional one offs that are kid friendly for my older boys like Ready Player One and movies like that.