Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

LOL, she clearly says it was in response to A Wrinkle In Time, not Captain Marvel, and she never once called for the removal of white critics for said film, just that critics of other ethnicities should have a voice. 

......Really??

And sure she never called for the removal of white "film reporters", because she's not bright enough to know how business works to realize that's essentially what she did.

Also they may be critics when they write their articles but at that point they are not. As said before anyone who has a computer now days with access to social media is basically a critic and there are plenty of critics who do different film reviews if they don't like what these guys have to say.

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Also, Gal Gadot made pushes of her own:

So Larson haters, you gonna start hating on Gal Gadot now? 

This is a stupid reason to boycott films, anyway. I may not agree with a lot of Schwarzenegger's views, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the hell out of his films or going to see them (there's a new Terminator film coming out with James Cameron returning and Arnie playing the bad Terminator again, I won't turn down the chance to see that for petty reasons).

Yea and like most of them in Hollywood she is a lost cause, and no it won't stop me from seeing the movie. What Larson and Gadot have said were not anywhere close to the worse things I've heard from a Hollywood mouth otherwise I would have stopped movies long ago.

• Like 1

Also, I'm with the people who get annoyed at these kinds of statements.  Screw half the population of people who go to movies.  We don't care about their opinion.  Regardless of whether or not you agree with them, I think everybody can agree that it's absolutely stupid to say anything negative about any group of people who might pay to see your movie.  That, I think - more than whether or not people are offended - is what gets so many people.  At least me.  The sheer stupidity of it.  It's the most common sense thing possible.  It is universal in its sense.  Whether it's left, right, black, white, you don't insult or even hint at insulting your audience or consumer base. 

You don't run a hotel and put up on your sign, "We don't care what leisure travelers think of our hotel," or, "We don't care what business travelers think of our hotel." 

Even as a kid you don't put up a lemonade stand and say, "We don't care what boys think about our lemonade." 

Stupidity bothers a lot of people, and you're stupid if you say anything that could be remotely insulting to a major portion of your potential audience/consumer base. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

The righteous gemstones has QUITE the cast. Those three together are enough to get me interested. Euphoria also has casting that peaks my interest. HBO is such a Juggernaut. GoT, Barry, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Veep, Silicon Valley, and even Ballers are all highly successful and here are a TON more shows, movies, and miniseries coming all with good potential. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

The righteous gemstones has QUITE the cast. Those three together are enough to get me interested. Euphoria also has casting that peaks my interest. HBO is such a Juggernaut. GoT, Barry, Westworld, Big Little Lies, Veep, Silicon Valley, and even Ballers are all highly successful and here are a TON more shows, movies, and miniseries coming all with good potential. 

Never watched any of them nor have I watched anything on AMC like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead. I just have a hard time getting into TV shows. I'm a movie guy full on. I guess I'm not patient enough to wait multiple weeks to find out resolutions to things. It's why I binge read when I get into my full on reading kick. I won't read anything for like a year and then I'll read like 30 books in a 3 month span lol. 

Honestly, the only TV shows I've seen to the end were SoA, HoC and The Following (and that had more to do with the concept than the actual show). I had watched every episode of Criminal Minds until certain characters left and I no longer cared about the show as well.

Edited by beekay414

18 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, the only TV shows I've seen to the end were SoA, HoC and The Following (and that had more to do with the concept than the actual show)

S2 was bland and forgettable, but S3 was great. Too bad it already lost its viewer count by then, hence no S4. 

• Like 1

I swear if Abrams does this, I will officially give up on the entire franchise. This one act would completely contradict the whole point of the Chosen One when Luke went to redeem Anakin. Because Anakin is the only one meant to fullfill the prophecy and this will basically say Luke could have killed him start over and a "A New Hope" could have just popped up in Anakin's place to stop Palpatine. It's introducing a do-over clause for any future writing when a character becomes bad.

28 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

the chosen one?

JJ abrams:

750.gif

It's just a theory at this point but anything is possible with the writing at this point.

I heard they may kill Rey at the end, depending on how they handle that it could be a bitter sweet ending. Although it's Disney so I doubt it.

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I swear if Abrams does this, I will officially give up on the entire franchise. This one act would completely contradict the whole point of the Chosen One when Luke went to redeem Anakin. Because Anakin is the only one meant to fullfill the prophecy and this will basically say Luke could have killed him start over and a "A New Hope" could have just popped up in Anakin's place to stop Palpatine. It's introducing a do-over clause for any future writing when a character becomes bad.

you seriously getting in a tizzy over a crappy youtube video? Did you look at the video history? That channel has literally hundreds of videos in the past 3 months alone claiming new and different leaked info about Episode 9 and they all contradict each other lol. These videos are designed as click bait and rage fuel so they can monetize the crap out of them and make a pretty penny off of overbearing fanboys who are looking for reasons to complain. 

• Like 2