Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

5 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Mario had a major role in the first draft of Wreck-it Ralph 2, but Nintendo decided to make their own Mario movie and had him taken out.

instead of a GTA knock off with Gal Godot it was just Mario Kart lol

17 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Zelda is likely the most difficult of the Nintendo IP to get right in a movie. Would prefer an animated series, I think. Metroid would make a great action horror film though. 

I thought I read somewhere that Mario had a major role in the first draft of Wreck-it Ralph 2, but Nintendo decided to make their own Mario movie and had him taken out.

Since it is getting popular to do future sci fi's in a sorta Fallout type world. Square Enix needs to go all out and get Final Fantasy 7 made.

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Zelda is likely the most difficult of the Nintendo IP to get right in a movie. Would prefer an animated series, I think

Maybe, but probably also the one that would be the most popular as a live action.

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind was good. It's been a while since I had seen a Netflix original film that was that good, if ever. Chiwetel Ejiofor did a great job for his directorial debut. The story the film is based on is amazing. That boy is legit Tony Stark/MacGyver. 

Triple Frontier will be released in a few days. I hope it lives up to the cast billing. 

Edited by PapaShogun

On 3/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, Manny/Patrick said:

I’d like to see a Smash movie in the future, not sure how the plot would play out

Don't see how that would even work. Especially for the casual viewer. Only story element I could think of would be something akin to Battle Royal meets that episode of the Twilight Zone "Five Characters in Search of an Exit". 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't see how that would even work. Especially for the casual viewer. Only story element I could think of would be something akin to Battle Royal meets that episode of the Twilight Zone "Five Characters in Search of an Exit". 

Sort of like Subspace from Brawl, however to introduce that many people would be chaotic. We all know Mario,Pikachu. I’m not sure Ness, Marth, Olimar are known

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm wondering how much faith I should put into either Pet Semetary or The Curse of La Lorna being any good.

The Nun completely killed any faith in blockbuster horror movies for me.

PS got a positive reaction yesterday at the SXWS festival

Edited by August4th

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Looks like there is a rumor of a Drake and Josh return. That'd be pretty cool. Go out and get all the other Nick stars who aren't doing anything now and add them. 

100% for it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm wondering how much faith I should put into either Pet Semetary or The Curse of La Lorna being any good.

The Nun completely killed any faith in blockbuster horror movies for me.

Pet Sematary seems to be receiving pretty positive feedback, right now. 

23 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Pet Sematary seems to be receiving pretty positive feedback, right now. 

Yup, 86% Tomatometer with 14 reviews counted so far. And It Part 2 comes out later this year. Brightburn looks promising as well. 

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

the lead looks like Matthew Perry so much that I wish they would have made Pet Semetary involving Chandler Bing (Friends crossover).

Maybe they try to reanimate Pheobe or something. But shoot it extremely straight horror, no winking at the audience and no parody elements.