Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I swear if Abrams does this, I will officially give up on the entire franchise. This one act would completely contradict the whole point of the Chosen One when Luke went to redeem Anakin. Because Anakin is the only one meant to fullfill the prophecy and this will basically say Luke could have killed him start over and a "A New Hope" could have just popped up in Anakin's place to stop Palpatine. It's introducing a do-over clause for any future writing when a character becomes bad.

Yeesh, hope you stretched before that reach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

you seriously getting in a tizzy over a crappy youtube video? Did you look at the video history? That channel has literally hundreds of videos in the past 3 months alone claiming new and different leaked info about Episode 9 and they all contradict each other lol. These videos are designed as click bait and rage fuel so they can monetize the crap out of them and make a pretty penny off of overbearing fanboys who are looking for reasons to complain. 

It never claimed leaked content only possible leaked content which I acknowledged in my reply just after to malfatron saying it's still up in the air. But considering with the way the story has been handled, not to mention Abrams while a good director is still not the greatest writer in the world. It's already been stated he wants to tie in all 8 movies and explaining the purpose behind the entire story for it all to make sense. This is definitely a way he could do it by rewriting the meaning of "The Chosen One" which would tie in all previous movies to this one. It's actually one of the few ways to do it considering the entire Star Wars saga revolves around the Skywalker family and The Chosen One. So yea it has me in a bit of a tizzy. 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:09 AM, Calvert28 said:

"Regardless of what you think, it's all set in stone and he is currently developing the script with Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio."

So maybe we find out in IX that the entirety of The Last Jedi was really just the "fake movie" that the rebels used as cover to succeed in their rescue mission.