Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I guess you're looking for an answer besides "the first one made 11x its production budget in the US alone."

Yeah, I thought the first one was the perfect stand alone film that didn't need to be overly commercialized and turned into a franchise. Hollywood lets me down yet again. *sigh*

8 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah, I thought the first one was the perfect stand alone film that didn't need to be overly commercialized and turned into a franchise. Hollywood lets me down yet again. *sigh*

There were monsters still alive correct?, maybe not in the vicinity but in still around the country. 

As I'm sure you've all heard, Brie Larson's controversial comments aren't blowing over too well with fans, fans are review bombing Captain Marvel because of it.

I still plan on seeing the movie, though, because 1)it actually looks good and 2)she didn't say anything about hating white men or sexist or racist, some people are spinning her words to "muh patriarchy!" This is not a GB2016 situation at all. 

I know the last thing you want to do is piss off some of your target audience (I still expect it to make plenty of cash), but Jezus, people are getting their panties in a bunch over what she said.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

As I'm sure you've all heard, Brie Larson's controversial comments aren't blowing over too well with fans, fans are review bombing Captain Marvel because of it.

I still plan on seeing the movie, though, because 1)it actually looks good and 2)she didn't say anything about hating white men or sexist or racist, some people are spinning her words to "muh patriarchy!" This is not a GB2016 situation at all. 

I know the last thing you want to do is piss off some of your target audience (I still expect it to make plenty of cash), but Jezus, people are getting their panties in a bunch over what she said.

The best way to deal with this garbage is to ignore it.

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

If I could give you all my footballs today, I would.  The irony is that, and yes Brie is fully aware of this (hence why she has 0FTG), the majority of the folks that go to great lengths to complain about this are akin to the fans who crapped on Last Jedi's Kelly Marie Tran or, probably even more on-the-nose, the fans who swore up and down that they were going to boycott the NFL over players kneeling - they still line up right on schedule for their next hit of cinematic heroin.  Fact is, a lot of the same people complaining about Brie probably would have complained about Black Panther as well except that they realize it would have gotten them sandblasted and, sadly, they see women as an easier-to-get-away-with-it target.  Ironically, even though it's probably the weakest of his films, Kevin Smith delved into this kind of stuff (and putting it blast) in Chasing Amy.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Yea but the stance pretty much is. There was nothing wrong with her selecting the woman with cerebral palsy and if she picked her for that fact alone then it would be fine. That sort of thing has always been celebrated to acknowledge those who are doing well despite serious illness but that's not what happened and if she picked her because she made more of a connection and thought she was a better reporter that's fine too. She basically took the stance that they somehow did something wrong when they are just doing their job. Her saying that they are privileged and should be excluded because of that is in fact sexist and racist.

Should fans be bashing the movie because of that? No they shouldn't, it was classless when the media did it before Passion of the Christ came and other movies before it and other movies after. But the media has done everything to egg on these new type of troll movements of trying to ruin movies before they open because they don't like the actor, producer, etc.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

If I could give you all my footballs today, I would.  The irony is that, and yes Brie is fully aware of this (hence why she has 0FTG), the majority of the folks that go to great lengths to complain about this are akin to the fans who crapped on Last Jedi's Kelly Marie Tran or, probably even more on-the-nose, the fans who swore up and down that they were going to boycott the NFL over players kneeling - they still line up right on schedule for their next hit of cinematic heroin.  Fact is, a lot of the same people complaining about Brie probably would have complained about Black Panther as well except that they realize it would have gotten them sandblasted and, sadly, they see women as an easier-to-get-away-with-it target.  Ironically, even though it's probably the weakest of his films, Kevin Smith delved into this kind of stuff (and putting it blast) in Chasing Amy.

Fans did blast Black Panther after the media came out and said it was revolutionary and ground breaking.

What was controversial about what Brie said lol. I'm serious. I've only seen this...

[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about [A] Wrinkle in Time. It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.

Was there something more or was that what white dudes are taking offense to lmao?

• Like 3