Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

On 1/16/2019 at 7:07 PM, PapaShogun said:

It's not a reboot. It's a continuation. 

Director Jason Reitman said, “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.” Adding that we won’t be seeing any of the “brilliant actresses” who starred in Paul Feig’s 2016 reboot: “This new movie will follow the trajectory of the original film.” he said.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/

more like a soft reboot though.

set in the same world as the original, but with new protgatonists.

and they are teens. ugh

https://screenrant.com/new-ghostbusters-sequel-teens/amp/

Im legit mad Beale Street got snubbed on BP, and Jenkins got left out of DB. I have seen (and liked) Blackkklansman, Black Panther and Vice, Beale Street is WAY more deserving than those three. And based on other people reactions, way more deserving than Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Roma better win dammit. 

24 minutes ago, August4th said:

feel like its only a matter of time for Hollywood to try another live-action remake of the Dragon Ball universe

I just don't think they can ever really capture it correctly.  That live action was such an abomination I really hope they just leave in anime 

52 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I just don't think they can ever really capture it correctly.  That live action was such an abomination I really hope they just leave in anime 

I think we have the CGI to pull off the action, but capturing the overall vibe and culture of DB and translating it to live-action will be really hard. whoever makes it will need a dream team of talent producing, directing, writing the project. I think someone will be crazy enough try though, because the benefits of it working would be huge.

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think we have the CGI to pull off the action, but capturing the overall vibe and culture of DB and translating it to live-action will be really hard. whoever makes it will need a dream team of talent producing, directing, writing the project. I think someone will be crazy enough try though, because the benefits of it working would be huge.

Thats what I was trying to say haha, 100% agree with ya