Movies & TV News/Buzz Thread

Acgott

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Even worse, Paul Feig defended her childish remarks and once again called people ists of every shape and color for disliking the schitty GhostBusters reboot. Yeah, good luck finding work and getting people to see your next movie(s) anytime soon after this debacle. #GetWokeGoBroke

Oh and BTW, RedLetterMedia tore those sexist/misogynistic theories to shreds:

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 2

I get her frustration.  People hated the movie before they even saw it.  No one on here ever even gave it a chance, they just judged it on it being all-female.

However, her movie didn't make money.  It's a business and Ghostbusters is a potentially big franchise.  They gave your movie a shot and it failed, so don't be mad that they are trying again with a different angle.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I get her frustration.  People hated the movie before they even saw it.  No one on here ever even gave it a chance, they just judged it on it being all-female.

However, her movie didn't make money.  It's a business and Ghostbusters is a potentially big franchise.  They gave your movie a shot and it failed, so don't be mad that they are trying again with a different angle.

Well most just realized what it was, a typical Hollywood cash grab. The audience has seen a million times of Hollywood trying to cash in on a tragedy, catastrophe, movement, fad, w/e. 

It was never meant to be a trilogy or anything else besides a shot in the dark to see what happens. Had it been a massive success then they would have made a sequel. But they knew for a fact it was a huge risk doing that. They are already planning a huge franchise surrounding Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, etc because these are established and popular characters. They even had WW2 in pre production before the 1st even hit the theaters. 

Hollywood has a very good idea of what the audience will receive well and not well. The only ones who dont are these clueless actors and actresses. I saw the movie because my nieces wanted to watch it and Jones character was easily the one out of the bunch. Even Steve Martin could take a lesson in overacting. 

28 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Nope, wrong, watch the RedLetterMedia vid above, they shot that ish down. People hated the movie because it was objectively bad and unfunny, literally starting off with a joke about queefing, you can't make this ish up. In fact, it was filled with fart/d!ck/ish jokes. 

But that second point is exactly why they're rolling with a new GhostBusters set in the original universe. It cost Sony $80 mil. Can't blame em for wanting to distance themselves from that monstrosity.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Even worse, Paul Feig defended her childish remarks and once again called people ists of every shape and color for disliking the schitty GhostBusters reboot. Yeah, good luck finding work and getting people to see your next movie(s) anytime soon after this debacle. #GetWokeGoBroke

Oh and BTW, RedLetterMedia tore those sexist/misogynistic theories to shreds:

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!! :)

RLM sums it up the best.

The half in the bag and Plinkett reviews are good too

On 1/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, animaltested said:

Im legit mad Beale Street got snubbed on BP, and Jenkins got left out of DB. I have seen (and liked) Blackkklansman, Black Panther and Vice, Beale Street is WAY more deserving than those three. And based on other people reactions, way more deserving than Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

Roma better win dammit. 

I watched the first hour of blackkklansman .... And then my plane landed. Is it worth finishing? Didn't really grab me tbh

Leslie Jones is talentless. Her role in Ghostbusters was likely her only chance to be paid well on the big screen. I can understand her frustration, however childish, at realizing the payday wont come again.

Also, franchises move on without acknowledging a past installment ALL THE TIME. Halloween literally just did so, and the actors/actresses in the past installments just understand thats how the industry works. Has Jones like never noticed this before?