FF Advice Thread

TLO

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, texans_uk said:

I'm thinking I should at least shave. Beginning to look like big foot. 

Yeah, at least trim it down. Beards are getting more accepted at offices.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, bucsfan333 said:

I always use my sick days as extra vacation that can't be denied.

Me too. We just have a call-in System where I work and it makes it so much easier.

22 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I would prefer to use my sicks days no matter what - I get 6 and they are not paid out or carried over. 

The only problem is I work at a small firm, I can't really discretely call in sick for no reason. Everyone knows everyone.

Agreed with using them. Even if you work at a small firm, unless they make you have a doctor's note, just call in and do your thing.

If you are at an airport, put your wallet, belt, etc. In your bag before getting to security. Only carry your ID and phone/ticket. Put those in your bag as soon as you get checked through too. 

Have your laptop/tablet in an easily accessable pocket, and wear slip-on shoes.

Basically be prepared, not a moron.

7 hours ago, scar988 said:

Yeah, at least trim it down. Beards are getting more accepted at offices.

Me too. We just have a call-in System where I work and it makes it so much easier.

Agreed with using them. Even if you work at a small firm, unless they make you have a doctor's note, just call in and do your thing.

I usually make a doc/dentist/chiropractor  appt early so I can seize the day!!! That way I'm covered.

8 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If you are at an airport, put your wallet, belt, etc. In your bag before getting to security. Only carry your ID and phone/ticket. Put those in your bag as soon as you get checked through too. 

Have your laptop/tablet in an easily accessable pocket, and wear slip-on shoes.

Basically be prepared, not a moron.

Oh goodness, yes. This. When I can, I travel in shorts, flip flops. Keys, phone, laptop, headphones all in a compartment in my backpack. As soon as I'm done with checkpoints, I take em out.

If I have to be dressed up (usually have a meeting shortly after landing) belt is in bag as well.

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Oh goodness, yes. This. When I can, I travel in shorts, flip flops. Keys, phone, laptop, headphones all in a compartment in my backpack. As soon as I'm done with checkpoints, I take em out.

If I have to be dressed up (usually have a meeting shortly after landing) belt is in bag as well.

Guys... you need to get pre check... its 2017

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

How do I get a job after being off 4 years from leukemia 

Depends on what kind of job you're looking for.  IF you're talking about an entry-level job, just apply.  They probably will ask about your time off, and you can explain your situation.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

How do I get a job after being off 4 years from leukemia 

Are you worried about the gap in employment history? If so it shouldn't be a problem. As far as reasons for being out of work go, that's a pretty good one. And the economy is awesome right now. If where you are is anywhere like here, basically anyone who wants a job right now can get one.

If you can drive, have a car that's not too old, and don't want to go through an exhausting hiring process, driving for Uber is really cool. 

Congrats on getting back into the work force. Hope that means you're doing better. If so, that's awesome.

15 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

I usually make a doc/dentist/chiropractor  appt early so I can seize the day!!! That way I'm covered.

I go in to work at 11am normally. So that's not really a worry of mine. It lets me do other things with my days.

10 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

If you can drive, have a car that's not too old, and don't want to go through an exhausting hiring process, driving for Uber is really cool. 

Do you drive for them? Can you tell me about your experience?

Archived