2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Well I guess Dee Ford is ours if we want him....

Wow! Greenbay wasn’t playing around today.

Like some have mentioned, I would prefer to keep our picks and just sign either Ansah or Houston

9 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If a healthy Garoppolo wouldn't be the difference in 2 games against the Cardinals, and 1 each against Tampa Bay and the Giants (combined 16-48), then we should trade him now and stick with Beathard/Mullens because there is obviously no real difference between them and we could better use that cap space Garoppolo takes. That would have given us an 8-8 record, would have been the definition of average, and would leave us 1 game out of the playoffs (where Garoppolo might have been the difference in one-score games against the Chargers, Packers, or Bears). This is a team that struggled because of a lack of depth and an injury to supposedly the most important player on the team. We weren't average, merely because of that. 

So yeah - this team, in year 3 of the regime, should be adding players to make a playoff run. Rebuilds don't take more than 3 years.

We need players at every level of the defense and in some cases multiple players, people are adamant about getting an elite level wide receiver and our interior of the offensive line is sub par in my opinion. We have plenty of holes that need to be filled to be a "complete" team that will contend. If we get to the playoffs and lose people will just start saying that Shannahan can't call plays etc whether it is true or not. I don't want to be a fringe playoff team, I want to be a team capable of winning it all on any given year. Constant flux on the administrative/coaching makes that much harder and to me Shanahan has proven he has the skills to be an elite coach some day. And rebuilds often do take more than 3 years when you start with as big of a mess as we were in 2 years ago.

Regardless of our win/loss record last year IF Garoppolo would have been our QB or not, we were not an average team talent wise. We are a young team that is going to go through some growing pains winning some games we shouldn't and losing some we shouldn't. That is what should be expected. 

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Wow! Greenbay wasn’t playing around today.

Like some have mentioned, I would prefer to keep our picks and just sign either Ansah or Houston

I'll take Shaq Barrett at 3 years 23 mil (7.5 AAV), Ansah on a one-year 9 mil with incentives prove-it deal, draft Bosa, and cut Marsh.

Archived