2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We were linked to Dee Ford along with GB. Do we entertain trade talks there or just stick with signing someone like Ansah and move on to the draft? 

I'd prefer we keep the draft capital, sign Ansah or Houston and move on to the draft. I guess it depends on the contract Ford is looking for and if terms can be agreed upon before any trade. 

PJ Williams is a corner I forgot was a free agent, i was a big fan of his at FSU and he's had a nice start to his career with the saints. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who are the remaining teams that still need a safety? Us, Dallas, LAC and Chicago? 

I’d say it’s between us and Dallas now. Don’t see the Chargers spending that much money on a safety when they have James playing the other spot. They don’t necessarily need an all star there. Chicago doesn’t have the money and with Jackson there at FS they need more of a SS. I think we can outbid the Cowboys enough too to Way his decision to come here. I thought Houston was our biggest threat.

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

I’d say it’s between us and Dallas now. Don’t see the Chargers spending that much money on a safety when they have James playing the other spot. They don’t necessarily need an all star there. Chicago doesn’t have the money and with Jackson there at FS they need more of a SS. I think we can outbid the Cowboys enough too to Way his decision to come here. I thought Houston was our biggest threat.

You're just talking about ET, but I'm saying which teams are in the safety market. And the Bears just cleared up 11M in cap space by restructuring Mack's deal. They have enough for one big time FA. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

You would think we can outbid Dallas. I don't know what their cap situation looks like but Jerry Jones is so crazy he may just outbid us....

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're just talking about ET, but I'm saying which teams are in the safety market. And the Bears just cleared up 11M in cap space by restructuring Mack's deal. They have enough for one big time FA. 

Gotcha, I’m not sure what teams are interested in a FS but I think some of the big hitters, Texans, Raiders, Packers addressed that need. Again I think Chicago needs more of a SS than a FS next to Jackson.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

You would think we can outbid Dallas. I don't know what their cap situation looks like but Jerry Jones is so crazy he may just outbid us....

Nah, they can't out bid us nor would they try. They are just hoping it is close enough where ET chooses them over another team. So if a team offers him 14-15M? Cowboys have zero shot. If a team is only willing to go up to 11-12M? Then they can get him by offering like a 2 year 20M fully guaranteed contract. 

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I mean no matter what their cap looks like we have more room and less young players needed to be resigned for big money. Cowboys have atleast a half dozen players who are going to need large second contracts.

Archived