Week 4: TNF - Vikings @ Rams

CriminalMind

I think this will be an anti-climax. If it were the first game of the season, both teams at full strength, and in MIN - I'd have Vikings winning again. But with MIN getting embarrassed at home, Griffen out - and actually that OL looks pretty rough - I'm going for an easy LA win. 28-18 or something. 

Hope I'm wrong though, I like MIN :)

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It's week 4, I think "must win" is premature. But the Vikings are certainly feeling it now not having won two weeks in a row. It's difficult seeing a Vikings win at this point, but you never know. The talent is there, I just question if the team is there mentally.

I do think its a must win for the Vikings. The Vikings head to Philly next week. If they lose this game and next week isnt going to get any easier. They could be looking at an 1-2-1 start. They will have to get to 10 wins at least to have a shot to win the division and or make the playoffs in the NFC. That means they would have to 9-3 the rest of the way. Seeing as they still have to play at Philly, they have the Saints, they have to play the Packers again, play the Bears and Lions twice, play the Dolphins, and go the the Patriots . Like thats not going to be easy. 

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I do think its a must win for the Vikings. The Vikings head to Philly next week. If they lose this game and next week isnt going to get any easier. They could be looking at an 1-2-1 start. They will have to get to 10 wins at least to have a shot to win the division and or make the playoffs in the NFC. That means they would have to 9-3 the rest of the way. Seeing as they still have to play at Philly, they have the Saints, they have to play the Packers again, play the Bears and Lions twice, play the Dolphins, and go the the Patriots . Like thats not going to be easy. 

It's not must win though when you factor in that the rest of the NFC North is not that much better. 8-7-1 might just win the NFCN.

32 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Rams 31

Vikings 7

teams are 0-10 when travelling west over 2 time zones on tnf.

if this was sunday, it would have been closer to a coin flip. but tnf will be too much for minny to overcome.

Interesting that you say 'when traveling west'. Typically flying west is 1000% easier than flying east. I heard that teams were 1-12 when traveling more than two timezones on Thursday night football. 

All week ive been eyeing that rams -7... but now that the game is right around the corner, my gut is telling me the Vikings win outright *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Interesting that you say 'when traveling west'. Typically flying west is 1000% easier than flying east. I heard that teams were 1-12 when traveling more than two timezones on Thursday night football. 

heres all the 10 games. note: i meant 2 or more timezones, not more than 2 

not only did they lose, they lost against the spread too

Week 10, 2009: 49ers 10-6 over Bears (+3)
Week 12, 2009: Broncos 26-6 over Giants (-4.5)

Week 11, 2011: Broncos 17-13 over Jets (-6.5)

Week 13, 2011: Seahawks 31-14 over Eagles (-3)

Week 9, 2012: Chargers 31-13 over Chiefs (+7)

Week 1, 2013: Broncos 49-27 over Ravens(+7.5)

Week 1, 2014: Seahawks 36-16 over Packers(+8.5)

Week 12, 2014: Raiders 24-20 over Chiefs (-7.5)

Week 1, 2016: Broncos 21-20 over Panthers (-3)

Week 7, 2017: Raiders 31-30 over Chiefs (-3)

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

im guessing the nfl mostly prevents teams from going east 2 timezones because east is way worse.

still, going west sucks too.

Archived