Broncos fear Jake Butt has a torn ACL

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes sense. I think I remember reading somewhere that players are far more likely to tear the opposite acl their first year back, and the same acl the second year back. can't remember where though. 

I believe you're also like 6x more likely to tear an acl after you've had one than you are if you have never had one. 

I've had 2 in my right knee. Can definitely attest to my left feeling like crap for a long time die to overcompensation.

This is actually good news at this point. There would be greater concerns if he had torn the same knee again. Players that tear one ACL are at significant risk of tearing the other. Now, he has new ACLs through reconstruction that will hopefully hold up better. The key moving forward is for him to correct the biomechanics that lead to ACL tears. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Makes sense. I think I remember reading somewhere that players are far more likely to tear the opposite acl their first year back, and the same acl the second year back. can't remember where though. 

I believe you're also like 6x more likely to tear an acl after you've had one than you are if you have never had one. 

Idk I believe it’s much harder to tear the acl again in the same knee than previously. With surgery correcting any issues and rehab strengthening the muscles around the knee, it’s much harder. I shredded my knee in HS wrestling. I thought I popped my ACL 2 years later but when I went back to the doctor he told me he did such a great job fixing it and repairing it, that it stayed intacted but that i just messed up the meniscus. 

When you play a sport like football at such a high level, just increases your changes because of the bodies. Gonna blow your knee out more when ppl are falling into legs. 

I can see the opposite leg getting hurt the first year back because said player is going to favor the other leg more. Toughest part about those kind of injuries isn’t your body recovering, its the mental part and allowing yourself to trust your body. It took about 2 years for me to fully feel comfortable with my repaired knee

6 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

This is actually good news at this point. There would be greater concerns if he had torn the same knee again. Players that tear one ACL are at significant risk of tearing the other. Now, he has new ACLs through reconstruction that will hopefully hold up better. The key moving forward is for him to correct the biomechanics that lead to ACL tears. 

Comes down to what caused the issues. If they were known contract injuries yeah then it’s biomechanics. If it’s because you stepped on someone or got hit or fallen on, it’s just a freak accident

Archived