NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

This Boston team is the softest Celtic team in history. 5 for 34 from 3 is a joke. Red Auebach is rolling over in his grave. , 

I am not going to bother looking up stats, but It wouldn't surprise me that Boston is worst or near worst in offensive RBs this season. Bottom third in dunks, since they never go near the rim.

If not for their OT win against Toronto, they would be 1 and 6 in the last 7 games. With all of this talent, that is a freakin JOKE.

Well beating Toronto at home in OT in November was basically your NBA finals last night falling flat today Isn’t super shocking. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Read this thread. Wild stuff.

That condition sure sounds more plausible than the yips (which while real, I really do not think would last this long. If it was completely mental we'd have to call it something else since it'd be something we've never seen before in sports, entire career derailed by "forgetting" how to perform essential movement to being a pro...)

Couple things don't add up. For one, are you really telling me a Dr could see it through a screen but none of the 76rs staff who directly work with him and have done physical check-ups and such (or his own private guys, which he presumably also has) couldn't spot it? I get that's it's a very rare condition, but I am pretty sure trained professionals know of several rare conditions (many of which they will probably never encounter), and when they're at a loss for a particular case is exactly when they go digging and looking at rare conditions. Secondly, if we believe 76ers doctors haven't considered the condition, but also believe the 76ers are the ones scrubbing the online articles, why would they not consider the condition now? I see the motive behind the 76ers scrubbing these pieces (which evidence does strongly suggest they are behind, weak, but whatever) since it really does no good for them whether true or false. I mean it pretty much amounts to libel if they're false, since I have to assume any piece is suggesting their staff is incompetent, and of course if they're true it just makes them look bad... but if they were true, they would acknowledge the issue and pull Fultz asap since having him play in spire of such a condition just reinforces bad habits.... The literal only explanation is the one OP proposed, that they secretly hired this Dr. Movement and don't want people to know, but that all seems a bit far fetched to me. Either way, what an insanely interesting saga.

Also this meme is goat

Dr_OFdYU8AAlVWY.jpg

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Couple things don't add up. For one, are you really telling me a Dr could see it through a screen but none of the 76rs staff who directly work with him and have done physical check-ups and such (or his own private guys, which he presumably also has) couldn't spot it?

Well the dude said he had it and it went mis/undiagnosed for 8 years (or however long it was), so that is why he saw it.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well the dude said he had it and it went mis/undiagnosed for 8 years (or however long it was), so that is why he saw it.

I guess, but I like to think Fultz gets treated and looked at by the best doctors the US has to offer. He was their prized #1 pick, and is a basketball player for an organization worth billions. This is just some guy, and while 8 years is a long time, you can probably count the amount of doctors that looked at him on 2 hands, that stuff is expensive. Fultz? He could have 10 doctors look at him a day if the 76ers wished it. Of course if they were truly confident in his injury they wouldn't have bothered with 2nd looks, but I mean, how could you not reconsider things after his jumper last year? This was never normal. If was the 76ers and was just considering it a temporary case of the yips, I'd still be exploring for a plan b in the mean time in the event it's not just the yips.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

guess, but I like to think Fultz gets treated and looked at by the best doctors the US has to offer.

He also said he was trained under some of the highest level doctors and they didn't figure it out the whole time he was training (~8 years iirc). He ended up figuring out himself.

I'm sorry but it's all 100% mental with Fultz. There's no way you can explain his 100% normal looking jump shots and then his random WTF are you doing FT attempts. If he was hurt, his **** would be awful all the time. He's fine. It's mental. 

Obviously not NBA level or anything but I went an entire year shooting like crap and it was because I was dropping my hips down before I elevated on my jumper. Lead to a ton of bricks. I couldn't figure it out until one day I randomly just went straight up and drilled a few in a row. It's that simple. He's not hurt.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He also said he was trained under some of the highest level doctors and they didn't figure it out the whole time he was training (~8 years iirc). He ended up figuring out himself.

Who exactly is this guy that you would think he received even a fraction of the attention and level of expertise that an NBA player would receive?