NBA GDT | 18'-19 | I Love Mod Edits

FinneasGage

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Word is they want Monty Williams.

booker has had 4 different coaches in his 4 years in the league

not that appealing of a job if you have 0 security. so I don't think we will be choosing who we get, more like getting someone who has no other options.

14 hours ago, showtime said:

To me, Damian Lillard is such a likeable person.  He's improved a lot as a player over the years.  I've probably never gave him the credit he deserves before this year, but he's fantastic.

One of my favorite quotes from him regarding players creating super teams.

“If somebody wants to go join people and do that, it’s not against the rules. They can do it. It’s just more pressure to win when you do it. Some people say, ‘Oh, they had to do that to win it,’ but we play the game to win it. So when people do it, that’s their decision. I wouldn’t do it. That’s just not who I am.

“I might have too much pride for that or be too much of a competitor where I couldn’t bring myself to do it, but it also makes it more fun. You get to take a monster down and that’s always fun.”

First paragraph makes little sense

Also the Suns are ******* mess. No one was gonna make Dragan Bender into a functional player.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

To me, Damian Lillard is such a likeable person.  He's improved a lot as a player over the years.  I've probably never gave him the credit he deserves before this year, but he's fantastic.

One of my favorite quotes from him regarding players creating super teams.

“If somebody wants to go join people and do that, it’s not against the rules. They can do it. It’s just more pressure to win when you do it. Some people say, ‘Oh, they had to do that to win it,’ but we play the game to win it. So when people do it, that’s their decision. I wouldn’t do it. That’s just not who I am.

“I might have too much pride for that or be too much of a competitor where I couldn’t bring myself to do it, but it also makes it more fun. You get to take a monster down and that’s always fun.”

I bet Lillard plays Dark Souls.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, amac said:

Monty is pretty old school, probably not the guy to elevate the Suns in the modern game

Reminds me of when all these times were lining up for Jim Mora Jr’s return to head coaching. The guy already had an unremarkable stint with the Pelicans so why is he in such demand?

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Reminds me of when all these times were lining up for Jim Mora Jr’s return to head coaching. The guy already had an unremarkable stint with the Pelicans so why is he in such demand?

He did fine with what he had and his last season was good, but we played a very slow style/awkward offense by modern standards and I don't think that style going to hold up anymore unless you've got a team built for grit and grind, and he is extremely rigid and will probably try and fit square pegs in round holes

Edited by amac
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I want Jrue, especially if we get Zion.

Is this fair for Holiday? 

Suns 1st next year (top 5 protected), Bucks 1st next year, Tyler Johnson (cap purposes plus is a $20 million expiring), Josh Jackson, Elie Okobo, and pick #32 this year.

That is more than fair for Holiday, though I'm sure the Pelicans would want no protections on the Suns 1st.