1/4 season MVP

malak1

1 hour ago, Breesus mode said:

Wrong

No. Not at all. Drew Brees is having a big year and nobody would be wrong if they had him at 3 - likewise, Mack is playing like Lawrence Taylor right now, and is equally worthy of the conversation. 

MVP for me is Mack. He's simply dominating every snap and wrecking games for teams. He changed the fortunes of this Bears team more than just about any other player in the league could have. It's amazing the things that Mack has done thus far.

Second is Mahomes. Third is Goff.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

MVP for me is Mack. He's simply dominating every snap and wrecking games for teams. He changed the fortunes of this Bears team more than just about any other player in the league could have. It's amazing the things that Mack has done thus far.

Second is Mahomes. Third is Goff.

Bears are 4-0 with Mahomes over Trubisky.

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No. Not at all. Drew Brees is having a big year and nobody would be wrong if they had him at 3 - likewise, Mack is playing like Lawrence Taylor right now, and is equally worthy of the conversation. 

It's an offensive league now, the only way a defender wins is if the league is trying to make a statement. LT was the last and that was 1986, it isn't happening  so just ask which QB is playing the best right now and I would say Mahommes , Goff and Brees just as everyone else would. If Michael Thomas gets 280 receptions, that could get their attention though

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

It's an offensive league now, the only way a defender wins is if the league is trying to make a statement. LT was the last and that was 1986, it isn't happening  so just ask which QB is playing the best right now and I would say Mahommes , Goff and Brees just as everyone else would. If Michael Thomas gets 280 receptions, that could get their attention though

Once Ingram comes back 2 things will happen.

theyll return to a running team and letting old man Brees be a game manager like last year. or the dude was really on the Juice and he completely falls off! Then they’ll keep airing it out. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Once Ingram comes back 2 things will happen.

theyll return to a running team and letting old man Brees be a game manager like last year. or the dude was really on the Juice and he completely falls off! Then they’ll keep airing it out. 

win win for the saints.

I’d put Mahomes as #1, Mack at #2, and Goff at #3. 

You guys realize Mack is on pace for 21 sacks and 16 Forced Fumbles right? I keep thinking that pace can’t possibly last but each week he keeps getting an average of 1.5 sacks and a Forced Fumble. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys realize Mack is on pace for 21 sacks and 16 Forced Fumbles right? I keep thinking that pace can’t possibly last but each week he keeps getting an average of 1.5 sacks and a Forced Fumble. 

JJ Watt on pace for  20S 16FF and he is just getting warmed up. It would be nice for a change to split the award with 2 defenders, but it will be an offensive player

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

JJ Watt on pace for  20S 16FF and he is just getting warmed up. It would be nice for a change to split the award with 2 defenders, but it will be an offensive player

JJ Watts team is 1-3. Plus Mack has a pick six. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

At one point last year I think Dlaw was on pace for like 32 sacks.

Mack is off to a great start, but so are alot of other guys.

7 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

You're fine putting a linebacker over an elite QB producing like an elite QB?

Truthfully Mack is playing like the best player in the league right now.  There's been more than a few commentators who have said hes the flat out MVP not just DPOY.  Will the voters give it to him? Probably not, but he has been stupid good so far.

2 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

Bears are 4-0 with Mahomes over Trubisky.

Ehhhh, Bears are 4-0 if their $14M cb doesn't drop the game winning int against the Pack.  You also have to place Mahommes in Trus shoes completely which means he spent a year wasted in the run, run, pass offense with no weapons and would only have 4 games in the system with Nagy.  I mean according to Nagy that's the difference between what both have done.  Makes sense considering they both have 6 TD performances this year.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

At one point last year I think Dlaw was on pace for like 32 sacks.

Mack is off to a great start, but so are alot of other guys.

Yeah but believe it or not offenses can't just double mack every play, bc that guy who lines up next to him is really, really, really good.  And is himself on pace for 16 sacks. 

Archived