Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

tenor.png

One of the few losses that I will never accept.  

Whenever I see this meme I wonder if that lady is embarrassed of herself, because if she's on the internet half as much as me she's seen this representation of herself multiple times lol

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

A lot of "limited participation" out there. If I were a betting man, I'd guess you won't see Alexander, Breeland, Allison, Cobb, Perry or Whitehead this week. Bulaga will probably play. Packers will be very cautious with a bye a week away. Hopefully it doesn't cost us against the lowly Niners. 

Think Allison and Cobb will play, perhaps keep Alexander back for another week because he has a groin.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Bulaga is playing. McCray is healthy but lost his starting job to Bell. McCray cant pass block. Bell really cant run block but the former is more important in this offense.

I've always had concerns about how well McCray could move his feet. He seems to have gained a lot of weight since last year, which makes his problem worse. Watching him play, he gets beaten off the snap count and can't use his feet to get back into position. Then he ends up grabbing and getting called for holding. Or worse yet he doesn't grab and Aaron takes a shot. Bell's foot quickness isn't great, but they are an upgrade over McCray's. There was a reason McCray went undrafted. I think it might have been his lack of foot work. Rodgers health will be safer with Bell at right guard. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Bulaga is playing. McCray is healthy but lost his starting job to Bell. McCray cant pass block. Bell really cant run block but the former is more important in this offense.

How the hell are you going to say a guy is healthy if he didn't practice full Thursday? I suppose Rodgers is also fully healthy because he was a full participant Friday and Saturday? Lol

There's being pessimistic and then there's just flat lying. That's the latter.

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How the hell are you going to say a guy is healthy if he didn't practice full Thursday? I suppose Rodgers is also fully healthy because he was a full participant Friday and Saturday? Lol

There's being pessimistic and then there's just flat lying. That's the latter.

Come again? I mean healthy as in "able to play." McCray has been able to play, and therefore able to start for 2 weeks now. He's been replaced as the starter by Bell. This isnt secret information. Nor is it secret information that McCray struggled in pass protection in the games he started. He's always been a better run blocker. If you could combine him and Bell, you'd have a good starting NFL guard. Bell's skillset is better for a team that throws as much as we do...

2 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've always had concerns about how well McCray could move his feet. He seems to have gained a lot of weight since last year, which makes his problem worse. Watching him play, he gets beaten off the snap count and can't use his feet to get back into position. Then he ends up grabbing and getting called for holding. Or worse yet he doesn't grab and Aaron takes a shot. Bell's foot quickness isn't great, but they are an upgrade over McCray's. There was a reason McCray went undrafted. I think it might have been his lack of foot work. Rodgers health will be safer with Bell at right guard. 

This is like the exact opposite of what happened.

+++

The kid just keeps impressing you,” Campen said. “The guy came back, he’s lived here and changed his diet. He’s been totally engaged with what Coach (Mark) Lovat and the strength staff have done in that room.

“I’ll never give a player’s numbers or weights or body fats and those things … but the things he has done and displayed this offseason speaks volumes to where he wants to go. I think you just saw he tip of what Justin will be.”

Archived