whats wrong with the iggles?

Vladimir L

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Super booooooooooowl hangover. Its a real thing and all of that underdog magic they captured last year is no longer there since they are now the top dog.

Plus Wentz not being 100% or playing has some to do with it

No, tbh Wentz has looked fine. He's playing (almost) as well as last year, what isn't is what is around him. Week 4 the receivers had I believe 7 drops some of them for BIG gains. And the O-Line has been dreadful in the pass protection all season. RB in pass protection... hahaha good one.

I think they've just had close losses against good teams.  Well depending on your opinion of the Bucs, but they were starting Foles and Fitz was on fire.

I'd still bank on them winning the East, although the Redskins will give them a push.  Not sure they have it in them to survive the NFC Gauntlet again this year, especially if they don't get one of the top two seeds (gonna be between them and Saints/Panthers I'd reckon), but who knows.  

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

No, tbh Wentz has looked fine. He's playing (almost) as well as last year, what isn't is what is around him. Week 4 the receivers had I believe 7 drops some of them for BIG gains. And the O-Line has been dreadful in the pass protection all season. RB in pass protection... hahaha good one.

Any particular reason why the offensive line has been bad as far as you can tell?

5 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Any particular reason why the offensive line has been bad as far as you can tell?

I can't say entirely, but more often it's them being confused, rather than an individual just getting beat. Though that happens sometimes as well, more often than last year.

Super Bowl Hangover is the best way to put it.

You can point to mistakes from just about everyone, including the king of having fun, Lane Johnson, who has gotten Wentz killed twice in 3 games.

Even Wentz missed a wide open Agholor on a key play today.(did not see him)

Doug has gotten cute with his genius play calls, like the 3rd and 1 that was a delay counter so that 6 Vikings could be at the point of attack by the time the RB got there.

The only player who has really been awful would be Jalen "Toast" Mills (burnt deep often and PI when not burnt)

Runner up awful for Big V who has played often because Peters keeps getting dinged

Its not that they are losing close games. Its that they are losing close games to bad teams.

The Bills are 2-0 against Tennessee and Minnesota and Philly is 0-2.

I think one of the worst things that happened to them was Josh McDaniels bailing on the Colts.

I got a really bad vibe when that happened and i KNEW they would grab Reich.

Philly was going to move forward with 2 of their 3 offensive brain trust (with DeFilippo going to Minny) but then New England grabbed McDaniels back and Reich was gone.

This is a 27+ points or lose league this year and they can't get that 4th or 5th score to get them there.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Image result for smack gif asian

I wish I knew. Seems like the SB hangover is a real thing. Players seem to have lost their edge. The offensive line is a shell of its' former self, that's the biggest difference on offense. On defense, the pass rush just isn't causing as much disruption which is exposing what is a fairly weak secondary. The playcalling has felt off all year. the offense is clearly still looking for an identity. A lot of the "little things" that were being done last year are just not being done this year, which certainly adds up. Things like silly mistakes, stupid penalties, making big plays at the right time. 

A theory is that Reich and Fillipo (2017 asst coaches no longer with team) were the catalysts behind the very successful, mixed, offense of 2017, and their losses have left a gap that Doug cannot fill.

Wentz has looked better with each game, he is 100% health wise and just as good as his 2017 self (and hopefully will be even better by year's end). Cox has been as disruptive as ever, drawing double teams and making teams pay when they don't. So at least the faces of the offense and defense, respectively, are showing up, but it's all for naught when nearly every other individual player appears to have just taken a step back. Does that fall on the coaching? Did they buy into their hype coming off a SB? Who knows. Clock is certainly ticking. Being the in the NFCE they have the luxury of a playofff window that will stay open for a long time, but getting a bye? That window has all but shut, which is a big deal for a team who really relied on their HFA in 2017.

I couldn’t resist!!!! Lol.     Eagle fans don’t have too much to be worried about. They are just hung over and defense isn’t iron strong. I have the worst team in football so it’s fun to poke. Eagles just need to get that mojo and will come forth as a juggernaut again

The big problems with PHI are 3-fold:

1.  On O, their OL suddenly can't pass block nearly as well.  It was a huge weakness with only 1 guy last year when Peters went down (T Vatai), but they piecemealed it during the playoffs, and he was decent against a meh Pats D that day.    This year, the OL can't pick up stunts, and are getting beat 1-on-1 way more than last year, and it's not just 1 guy.  It's been across the board.   That's been a huge reason for their decline on O.   As the saying goes, you win & lose in the trenches, and right now, PHI's getting beat there on O.

2.  On D, their front 7 is still fierce - but losing Rodney McLeoad, and significant regression from CB Jalen Mills, has left them very vulnerable on pass D.   CB Sydney Jones just went down, which could be a huge injury.   The idea was that with CB Darby & Jones, and ok play from Mills (who was roasted for 1.5+ years, then halfway through last year, played better, and then really was serviceable in Jan/Feb), and Jenkins/McLeod at S, would be good enough to cover to let the front 7 get to the QB.   With Mcleod out, Mills a sieve again, and slot CB Patrick Robinson now a Saint...well, they've been beatable in the pass game.   Corey Davis' monster 150+ yard game and Thielen/Diggs today showed that, and of course Fitzmagic & co. showed it earlier, too.   If I was OBJ, I'd be salivating right now.

3. They're playing a division-winner schedule.   Not surprising that the sledding is a lot tougher than in 2017 regular season, coming off a last-place finish.

I think they'll get their OL issues figured out, and I'd never count out DC Jim Schwartz to reconfigure his wide 9 scheme to improve, but that's it in a nutshell.  The only good news is that they have yet to play an in-division game - so they can right the ship, and take the division pretty easily if they get right, starting on ThuNF.  But the 1 seed is a pipe dream, and they might not even get a bye at this pace.  That's life in the NFL, where depth and small roster differences can have a huge effect.

But let's also not get carried away about being overrated last year - they were hands-down the most complete team in the NFL in 2017.  Just with roster turnover, injuries, and regression, well, things change.  Right now, that title probably belongs to the Rams (who survived losing 2 of their 3 starting WR's on the road, and although they played horribly on D, still found a way to get the W).  No shame in that.

they need to trade for leveon bell, who will you send?

bright-idea-light-bulb-vector-illustrati

Actually the Eagles have played some good teams, Titans D is solid and  the Vikes Offence is good usually or lets say can be. Maybe they aren't playing their best, but the competition has been more than what some teams have faced.  Wait until seasons end to say there is something wrong with the Iggles . It's how your season ends , not how it's going.  

Archived