PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Disgusting, lol

Yeah, Epic is super legit. The game store is still in its infancy, so it'll be a while before it works how its intended to work. And as Swole said, everyone going nuts to grab the free version of GTAV. Super wild to me that a game this old and people going crazy, haha.

I think GTAV has sold like 120 million copies or something ridiculous but free is free, never hurts to have an extra copy I guess. 

Also yeah epic's pretty decent storewise. I still prefer GOG or Steam because DRM free and well steam has like 80% of my library but they're a decent alternative though I wish they'd offer something else other than decent discounts once in a while. (I mean free games are cool and all but eh?)

14 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I may break down and spend 70 bucks and get a xBox controller for PC.  My DS4 works, but games on PC are optimized for XB controllers.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/accessories

Gamestop's offering an Xbox one controller (pre-owned) for $29.99 if you wanna gamble on that. I'd say no but %50 off a controller depending on shipping costs is pretty solid. 

57 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I think GTAV has sold like 120 million copies or something ridiculous but free is free, never hurts to have an extra copy I guess. 

Also yeah epic's pretty decent storewise. I still prefer GOG or Steam because DRM free and well steam has like 80% of my library but they're a decent alternative though I wish they'd offer something else other than decent discounts once in a while. (I mean free games are cool and all but eh?)

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/xbox-one/accessories

Gamestop's offering an Xbox one controller (pre-owned) for $29.99 if you wanna gamble on that. I'd say no but %50 off a controller depending on shipping costs is pretty solid. 

Epic Games have DRM?   

Thanks for the info on the controllers.    Shows a new WIRED XBOne controller for $25.     Seems like a good deal to me.     I dont care if its wired because Im sitting pretty close to my PC when I play.

33 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Epic Games have DRM?   

Thanks for the info on the controllers.    Shows a new WIRED XBOne controller for $25.     Seems like a good deal to me.     I dont care if its wired because Im sitting pretty close to my PC when I play.

Yeah epic games has DRM and so does steam. I meant GOG which is DRM free and has GOG Galaxy which is pretty nice for managing a library. 

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not a good idea in your opinion?    Or just joking?

I was joking. Controller preference is always up to the user. I'm not a fan of the Xbox One controller. The 360 controller was great, but I hate the current-gen version.

• Like 1

Good news:   I got GTA V free on Epic Games Store.

Bad News:   It doeesnt really have controller support.   Certainly not working with my DS4.

Guess I need to start getting used to playing on keyboard and mouse.     Not that I havent played on it before, but its very limited.     Playing GTAV on keyboard and mouse felt somewhat unnatural.   

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Bad News:   It doeesnt really have controller support.   Certainly not working with my DS4.

Guess I need to start getting used to playing on keyboard and mouse.     Not that I havent played on it before, but its very limited.     Playing GTAV on keyboard and mouse felt somewhat unnatural.   

It should work with an Xbox controller

So I used to love RTS games.  Warzone 2100 was my favorite, as well as Command and Conquer games and Rome; Total War.  After the original Rome, the games got a little too deep for my taste.  I also still play the space battles from Star Wars; Empire at War and have a couple mods downloaded for that. 

Are there any RTS games out there worth playing right now?  Or is it a genre that, outside of Total War, has finally kicked the bucket.  

21 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Something is wrong then. It should most definitely work and well with GTAV. Then again, might be Epic specific as I own GTA on Steam. But I do have Tomb Raider on Epic launcher and it works perfectly fine with it. Are you using USB or the PS4 USB adapter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

Something is wrong then. It should most definitely work and well with GTAV. Then again, might be Epic specific as I own GTA on Steam. But I do have Tomb Raider on Epic launcher and it works perfectly fine with it. Are you using USB or the PS4 USB adapter?

I got it working.

I have DS4 Windows, and I saved my profile for GTAV and closed the program, thinking it ran in the background, but you have to keep the program opened while you play.       I then went to see if thats why Witcher 2 wasnt working the other day and, it worked!      I may not have to go buy a XBox controller after all.     :D

22 minutes ago, showtime said:

Xbox controllers work so well on Windows PCs.  I don't know anyone who games on a PC that uses a non-Xbox controller and most of those people would 100% prefer the PS4 over the Xbox One.

Its more the matter of not wanting to pay an extra $60 if I dont have to.        

Id honestly prefer to have that, but based on what little Ive played of GTAV, and Witcher 2 with the PS4 controller, it works perfectly fine.    Only downside is when it shows to push an XBox controller button, you have to push the corresponding button on the PS4 cont.    Not a huge deal, but can get a little confusing.   

May still end up getting one.      Not sure yet.

33 minutes ago, showtime said:

Xbox controllers work so well on Windows PCs.  I don't know anyone who games on a PC that uses a non-Xbox controller and most of those people would 100% prefer the PS4 over the Xbox One.

300px-Steam_Controller_B.jpg

If you ever hate yourself play with one of these.

I have two and while they're not terrible the touchpad vs. a second stick is a massive downside also that d-pad needs a diet. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So I used to love RTS games.  Warzone 2100 was my favorite, as well as Command and Conquer games and Rome; Total War.  After the original Rome, the games got a little too deep for my taste.  I also still play the space battles from Star Wars; Empire at War and have a couple mods downloaded for that. 

Are there any RTS games out there worth playing right now?  Or is it a genre that, outside of Total War, has finally kicked the bucket.  

I heard Surviving Mars is fun but I haven't tried it yet though. Stellaris is awesome, as is Europa Universalizes 4. Paradox Interactive games are on sale right now on steam. Great selection. 

On 5/15/2020 at 11:42 PM, RavensfanRD said:

Yeah, Epic is super legit. 

Epic is partially (40%) owned by Tencent so anyone that uses the Epic launcher is almost assuredly getting their data collected by the Chinese government, so.... 

Just depends how much you care about Tencent.