MNF WK 11 Chiefs at Rams NOT IN Mexico City

3rivers

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Nope, no red there at all.

chargers-crowd-3.png?w=640&h=360

Yes, I know if the Rams end up hosting it'll be mostly Rams fans. But there's a decent amount of Chiefs fans in the area.

Nah those fans traveled. Plus everyone does that to the Chargers. The Niners could play there and it’ll be all Niners. They’ll be like 10% chief fans at most at the Colosseum. 

21 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

To expand on Rammy's post;

It appears there's a chance of just delaying the game.

That’ll be so bad considering that both Rams and Chiefs have their Bye weeks after that. A delay wouldn’t be the worst thing, but not ideal. 

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

To expand on Rammy's post;

It appears there's a chance of just delaying the game.

No worse than the Raiders stadium on a rainy day

They got all kinds of turf trucks going in well see how it looks as the week goes on

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

forget  playing in stadiums other than the teams. This is the only way they can make sure the field is what they expect. How would anyone here feel if their career ended in this game due to the really bad field?

Not just that, but remember that Reggie Bush, at the end of his career, got hurt at STL dome with the Rams knowing there was a problem the week before.  Even though he was likely almost done in his career, the jury awarded 12.5M - of which 10M was punitive damages IIRC, because the Rams didn't act with foreknowledge.  Imagine what the liability would be for the league and the team if a star player got hurt here.  

I fully applaud the players for taking a stand if they are considering boycotting a Mexico City game, but the teams and league should be taking this position, regardless.   It's not only the right thing to do, from a liability perspective, while I'm a layman and I defer to the legal experts, seems like a no-brainer here.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Not just that, but remember that Reggie Bush, at the end of his career, got hurt at STL dome with the Rams knowing there was a problem the week before.  Even though he was likely almost done in his career, the jury awarded 12.5M - of which 10M was punitive damages IIRC, because the Rams didn't act with foreknowledge.  Imagine what the liability would be for the league and the team if a star player got hurt here.  

I fully applaud the players for taking a stand if they are considering boycotting a Mexico City game, but the teams and league should be taking this position, regardless.   It's not only the right thing to do, from a liability perspective, while I'm a layman and I defer to the legal experts, seems like a no-brainer here.

neither team needs this game and while it's a candidate for game of the year and SB preview, they should all just stay home and make the league play the game somewhere else.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't understand how the field isn't playable? Who is in charge of this and how could they screw up such an opportunity? What a disaster. Good news for Rams since it was their "home" game so I assume they'll get to play it in LA.

Archived