#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Some people are posting on twitter the current prices for Redskins tickets on StubHub, and they're getting like $17 per ticket.  Basically season ticket holders are getting murdered on the secondary market not making any money at all.  

And on top of that Bruce is basically blaming the fans for not just showing up for this crap product.  We've had multiple players take shots at the fans attendance in the past year too.  

They are so woefully out of touch it's ridiculous.  But, Snyder is still getting paid by season ticket holders and the vendors who buy the seats (the program to cut off scalpers by Lafemina was rolled back this past off-season) and the stadium is still fairly full, just with opposing fans, but said opposing fans are buying food and drink, so Snyder is still getting paid regardless on game day.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

And Al Galdi just had the same thought I’ve had all along on twitter. Bruce Allen has to be a minority owner in some fashion. There’s no other explanation for why this is still going on other than he owns a stake of the team which I believe he does. 

That's possible, I just think it's misguided loyalty on Snyder's part due to his father, as well as foolishly believing that Bruce's connections are the only thing that will get him a stadium.  

In actuality, the best way to get a new stadium, and to have it be a publically funded one, is to have a competently run organization that wins football games year in and year out.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Doesn't matter. Minority owners get next to no say in anything. If Dan wanted, he could fire Bruce and tell him to go sit in his minority owners box and collect his checks. Dan is the majority owner. It's his show regardless if Bruce has a piece of the pie or not.

Yep, Peter Angelos has slightly over 50% of the Orioles, and no one ever challenged him during the dark ages.  Now, they can appoint someone other than the majority owner as the representative to the league, but that's only done in the case of the majority owner being much older and/or having health issues.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think it’s just time to find a new team. Honestly I think I’m there now. I just figure out how I’m going to pick my new team. It’s too bad there isn’t an expansion team I could just adopt. I guess I could be a Panthers fan since I like McCaffrey. I do like Brian Burns as well. 

I've got a stock certificate in the Packers.  Just wait for them to need another influx of cash and you can become a part-owner too, just like me! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This press conference is the dumpster fire we expected. He was done after 15 minutes.

1) Reporter asks Bruce to apologize to the fan base. Bruce looks like he wants to kill him.

2) "We are not looking to trade Trent right now. There have been no discussions"

3) "The culture is actually damn good"

4) "Effort is there, we just have to find the right mix for success. Injuries haven't helped."

Unbelievable.  The effort clearly isn't there, either, and it's an effect of the culture being terrible.  

The fact that some actual hardball questions were thrown out there by the media from what I've been reading is a welcome surprise.  Usually they don't do too much of that, but it's time to start it. 

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Holy....(EDITORS NOTE: I ALMOST CURSED RIGHT THERE)... that's some next level delusion. I don't have enough hours to unpack how out of touch that is but let me try.

That is...

"Bottom of the ocean...wearing a 2 inch thick suit... trying to reach the lander that we left on the moon"... out of touch.

I found it as the most disheartening thing he could have said.

I feel more an idiot cheering a team run by the likes of him. Than he is saying stuff like that. And thats for real. I must be some special kind of moron to support a product produced by him. Its just as moronic to sit with a fist full of Blockbuster stock with faith theyll rebound and take down Netflix in the grudge match. Theres no difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I found it as the most disheartening thing he could have said.

I feel more an idiot cheering a team run by the likes of him. Than he is saying stuff like that. And thats for real. I must be some special kind of moron to support a product produced by him. Its just as moronic to sit with a fist full of Blockbuster stock with faith theyll rebound and take down Netflix in the grudge match. Theres no difference.

Great analogy.  I spit my water out when I read it.

Do you really think people like Doug Williams and Coaches like Callahan “ have a time card”?

and who was that one kiss up reporter “ Bruce you’ve been so successful in Oakland and Tampa, what’s it going to take in Washington”? Sweetheart, he’s been here for 10 years and is an abysmal failure. 

Edited by Doc Draper