Josh Jones?

TheOnlyThing

18 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Packers drafted a great athlete in Josh Jones.

Yea, unfortunately as it presently sits, we are depending on King, Williams and Jones to make something out of the 2017 class. The other 7 picks might be lemons, with some hope left at least for Adams although it's not looking promising. Hell, Jerel Worthy contributed more in his short stay here than Adams has. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

We have players complaining to the media, penalty issues, turnover issues, concentration issues (dropped passes, missed tackles/assignments), and multiple players under performing . How is this not a management/coaching issue? I don't blame Gute because he inherited this mess. But it is on him to make the changes necessary to right the ship. I don't think firing McCarthy is the immediate fix, Ifwe get to game 16 and these issues haven't gone away, then I think its the only solution..

It wouldn't be an immediate fix, but it might be a fix. Never know. I'd sure hate to lose Pettine in the process though.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

That would definitely be a good way to start tanking.

Not suggesting we tank the season. Never! Just saying that HaHa never seemed real happy about being "stuck" in Green Bay. I predict he's headed to FA no matter what Green Bay might offer him. Question is: Can GB get more for him now in a trade, or more later with a comp pick (if and when he leaves)? 

I was watching LeRoy Butler's break down the last defensive play of the first half against Detroit. Butler was really upset with HaHa. HaHa made a "rookie" mistake that cost the Packers 4 points (assuming the Lions made the field goal). HaHa has not been playing consistently in goal line situations. I would trade him in a heart beat for Earl Thomas, and I would throw in a mid-round draft choice.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Not suggesting we tank the season. Never! Just saying that HaHa never seemed real happy about being "stuck" in Green Bay. I predict he's headed to FA no matter what Green Bay might offer him. Question is: Can GB get more for him now in a trade, or more later with a comp pick (if and when he leaves)? 

I was watching LeRoy Butler's break down the last defensive play of the first half against Detroit. Butler was really upset with HaHa. HaHa made a "rookie" mistake that cost the Packers 4 points (assuming the Lions made the field goal). HaHa has not been playing consistently in goal line situations. I would trade him in a heart beat for Earl Thomas, and I would throw in a mid-round draft choice.

I would be willing to guess he wouldn't bring in much in trade mid season.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My speculation is that his ankle injury occurred off the field and landed him in the dog house. He wasn't bad in TC or preseason, in fact early in camp he looked quite good.

He's completely fallen off the depth chart and I don't think it has anything to do with his actual play. He's either bad in the locker room or did something off the field.

Either way, I'd be surprised to see him on the team next year. They'll give him the Damarious Randall treatment.

YOU DON'T CUT PLAYERS ON ROOKIE DEALS @CWood21 UNLESS THERE'S A NUMBER CRUNCH AT THE POSITION @CWood21

whoops sorry I blacked out.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I just wonder what it is with him.  Maybe he's just Arringtoning it too much and they don't trust him not to improvise on the field.  Either way, with his ability and his attitude right now, he should either be traded or he should be playing.  Send him to the Browns for Damarious Randall back.  God we'd be so good with Randall playing free and Clinton-Dix playing strong right now. 

Speaking of Damarious: 

Damarious Randall: Browns compare favorably with his Packers teams

Posted by Charean Williams on October 10, 2018, 6:20 PM EDT
gettyimages-1034443454-e1539210020343.jp
Getty Images

Damarious Randall played three seasons in Green Bay. He has played five games in Cleveland.

Already, though, the defensive back believes the Browns are every bit as good as his Packers teams, and even better on defense.

The Packers ranked 15th, 22nd and 22nd in total defense during Randall’s three seasons. The Browns are 27th overall this season but have a league-best 15 takeaways and are 12th in points allowed.

“Honestly, it just don’t compare at all,” Randall said of the defense, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I mean, this defense is talented, and it’s going to only get better.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Speaking of Damarious: 

Getty Images

Damarious Randall played three seasons in Green Bay. He has played five games in Cleveland.

Already, though, the defensive back believes the Browns are every bit as good as his Packers teams, and even better on defense.

The Packers ranked 15th, 22nd and 22nd in total defense during Randall’s three seasons. The Browns are 27th overall this season but have a league-best 15 takeaways and are 12th in points allowed.

“Honestly, it just don’t compare at all,” Randall said of the defense, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I mean, this defense is talented, and it’s going to only get better.

Throwing shade, yet he didn't play well at times here. 

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Speaking of Damarious: 

Getty Images

If we sucked enough to get Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward I'm sure we'd be looking good too.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Throwing shade, yet he didn't play well at times here. 

I don't think it's 'throwing shade'. Probably just an honest assessment of the talent. And they should be more talented with the number of high draft picks they've had. Browns are no longer the team to just lazily make fun of anymore. 

1 hour ago, TransientTexan said:

I don't think it's 'throwing shade'. Probably just an honest assessment of the talent. And they should be more talented with the number of high draft picks they've had. Browns are no longer the team to just lazily make fun of anymore. 

Yeah Randall was supposed to be that talent. Too bad his teammates couldn't say the same thing about him here...

Archived