Monday Night Football - 49ers v Packers GDT

ET80

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Packers
    • 49ers

Just now, Pool said:

2 no call false starts on the Pack. Multiple delay of game no calls. Very questionable INT that wasn't reviewed. Ticky tack def holding call on a 3rd down sack.I mean, c'mon. Ridiculous.

Of course you'd be the one complaining about it.  Just because the ticker on the TV shows 0:00 doesn't mean the snap was illegal.  Every team benefits from no calls from the officials.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

2 no call false starts on the Pack. Multiple delay of game no calls. Very questionable INT that wasn't reviewed. Ticky tack def holding call on a 3rd down sack.I mean, c'mon. Ridiculous.

The only one of these points that is even remotely valid is the def holding call.  I'll admit there wasn't a lot there.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Well, consolation is that the 49ers offense with Jimmy G next year should be pretty good.

Defense? Yeah that's finna be a problem.

We are hoping that an edge rusher or two solves a lot of this. When there's no pressure, this zone gets eaten alive and we are one of the worst teams in the NFL at creating pressure. Obviously I don't know if that will solve everything or anything like that, but it has to be the single biggest issue the FO goes after this year. They need to sign someone and draft someone. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, we have a history of playing some good and fun games in primetime. Remember the Rams / 49ers thursday night game last year? We showed up a few years before that and stunned the Vikings on opening monday night, etc. 

True. They got LA next week, which should be fun. 

I wonder what the points spread is on that game? It might be wise to put money on the Niners to cover.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Of course you'd be the one complaining about it.  Just because the ticker on the TV shows 0:00 doesn't mean the snap was illegal.  Every team benefits from no calls from the officials.

It's the one second grace period where the ref looks at the ball, looks at the clock, looks back at the ball to see if it's snapped. I have no issues with the non delay of game calls. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Imagine if the 49ers drafted Aaron Rodgers, the bay native and hardcore 49er fan, instead of Alex Smith B|

Can't believe some 49er fans think he wouldn't be special with them because whoever there coach was then wouldn't 'develop' him. Montana to Young to Rodgers would be unreal for SF. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

The only one of these points that is even remotely valid is the def holding call.  I'll admit there wasn't a lot there.

On the INT it didn't look like he ever had posession and the ball definitely hit the ground. It's at least worth a closer look considering the circumstances.

Just now, Classic said:

Can't believe some 49er fans think he wouldn't be special with them because whoever there coach was then wouldn't 'develop' him. Montana to Young to Rodgers would be unreal for SF. 

Agreed. Maybe he wouldn’t be the ARod we know right away, but you can put this guy anywhere and he’ll crush it. 

Just now, Pool said:

On the INT it didn't look like he ever had posession and the ball definitely hit the ground. It's at least worth a closer look considering the circumstances.

Yes he had possession.  Ball touched the ground but never rolled or really moved.  That was going to stand.  Plus, it was under 2 minutes, so if the ref up top thought more needed to be looked at, he would have messaged down.  He didn't.

Archived