Monday Night Football - 49ers v Packers GDT

ET80

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Packers
    • 49ers

1 hour ago, Asciimo said:

3rd and 15 sack called an automatic first down off a soft illegal contact call. there HAS to be context in these rulings. that's a huge unfair call for the 49ers.

Yeah we had like two of those against GB earlier too.

Adams was straight up mugged. Easy and correct call there. Adams is running wide open in the middle of the field if he isn't assaulted there.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Textbook technique for him.  He just never gets called for it.  

I've been screaming for this call on Sherman since 2012. Shame it finally happened when he was on my team! 

I reallllly wanted this one. As the game got closer I just felt it in my bones... Disappointed we let it slip away. 

Still an awesome showing. Hard not to feel good about this team where 90% of the starters are 27 or younger with a 38 year old coach. 

Kyle called a great game. There are lots to build on. 

Rams on a short week this week after an emotional loss. 

Rodgers made some great throws down the stretch like we've all come to known over the years, but like in week 1, I believe this comeback win for the Packers had more to do with the opposing team getting too conservative late in the game and some bad luck rather than the Packers being the better team.  Of course though every one is going to praise Rodgers for this come from behind win.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yesterday just proved that the idea of arguing clutchness is just a silly thing to do. GW drives is just a useless stat

Disagree. It’s like any other stat. Context matters. Throwing for 300 yards on screen passes dump offs is very different from doing it at mid and long range. And even then the quality of the coverage should be taken into account. An INT off a poor read is different than your WR bobbling a ball up in the air for a defender to make a play on it. 

GWD are no different. There’s a difference between getting pinned at the 90 and completeing a methodical drive where you are maximizing the clock and hitting your receivers in tight windows so they can get out of bounds and showing situational awareness AND getting a good run back to the 40, throwing a dump off where the receiver shakes a tackle and goes another 25 to get you in field goal range. 

Aka all stats without context are useless.

Archived