2019 NFL Draft - Interior Defensive Line

Forge

On 3/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, ClutchDJ said:

Also, Raekwon Davis was extremely overrated in this thread a couple months ago. Yikes. Glad he went back to school.

Same kind of thing was said about DaShawn Hand. He's been great so far in his NFL career.

Raekwon Davis will be fine.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Same kind of thing was said about DaShawn Hand. He's been great so far in his NFL career.

Raekwon Davis will be fine.

I believed in Hand because he at least played like perennial All-Pro in games down the stretch.

Raekwon was pretty much quiet the whole year, even when the “scheme switched” to Quinnen.

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trysten Hill vs Renell Wren vs Khalen Saunders vs Cortez Broughton vs Daylon Mack

Please list them in order of who you think should get drafted first if you needed a DT.

Saunders

Mack

Broughton

Hill

Wren

13 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Trysten Hill vs Renell Wren vs Khalen Saunders vs Cortez Broughton vs Daylon Mack

Please list them in order of who you think should get drafted first if you needed a DT.

Wren

Broughton

Hill

Saunders

Mack

- And to be honest, Michael Dogbe needs to be considered as well

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:53 AM, reamer said:

Depending on scheme I would still value him in the 1st. For the Patriots, he'd be a good fit and could replace what Branch provided; they tried Shelton and Brown this season, with decidedly mixed results. Lawrence isn't perfect, but he's a huge body with mobility. That's worth 32 overall as far as I'm concerned.

Shelton was certainly better than Branch...

I like Lawrence to Tennessee in the first a ton, similar scheme. 

On 3/19/2019 at 7:51 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Was the focus of opposing team's blocking schemes because of his success in 2017, Thus Quinnen Williams broke out, played better when the blocking scheme shifted to Williams. Talent is/was still there

Is Quinnen a one year wonder?

he was almost invisible in 2017 

He won’t bench or do drills...

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

he wasn't invisible he wasn't playing many snaps.

Even when he played he looked lightweight garbage. I rewatched him vs Georgia in 2017 and he looked less than impressive granted isiah Wynn is really good but for someone who is such a god dt right now how come he couldn’t get good rotational reps? 

Read that Saban made him switch from de to dt or he wouldn’t get playing time. He originally came to bama as a de.

dont get me wrong he had a great 2018-19 season but where did it come from 

On 3/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Even when he played he looked lightweight garbage. I rewatched him vs Georgia in 2017 and he looked less than impressive granted isiah Wynn is really good but for someone who is such a god dt right now how come he couldn’t get good rotational reps? 

Read that Saban made him switch from de to dt or he wouldn’t get playing time. He originally came to bama as a de.

He was a RS FR in 2017 and 19 years old for most of the season(Just turned 21 this past December).  I think a year of experience, coaching, and getting in the weight room is the easy explanation especially for someone that young who is still growing and filling out his frame.    

OL and DL are very difficult positions to make that HS to D1 jump to because guys just aren't totally grown yet and don't have the mass/strength to hold up.  Especially in the SEC.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:15 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wynn was LT how many snaps did Williams see against him?

Archived