2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

The more I watch Hockenson's tape, the more I think he's the closest to Gronk-lite we've had, coming through. I'm seriously impressed. I'd put him up there in the top 5 talent along with Bosa, Williams, Oliver, Murray.

As for other TEs - I think Irv is being over-mocked. Fant about right, but I wouldn't have him near Hock. I'm quite high on Warring as a project.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

Been watching some Ole Miss games...the only WR that impresses me is AJ Brown. Metcalf and Lodge seem to be just distractions...neither of them catch a thing in the 2 games I have watched. There is a reason Brown wears #1. He is the best WR from Ole Miss and in the running for best in the Draft.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The more I watch Hockenson's tape, the more I think he's the closest to Gronk-lite we've had, coming through. I'm seriously impressed. I'd put him up there in the top 5 talent along with Bosa, Williams, Oliver, Murray.

As for other TEs - I think Irv is being over-mocked. Fant about right, but I wouldn't have him near Hock. I'm quite high on Warring as a project.

Praying the Bills take Hockenson 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't see Gronk at all. I see more of a Jason Witten type. Hockenson is a great all-around TE, but I don't see freakish physical gifts. He moves well, blocks well, and has steel traps for hands. I expect him to be a very effective NFL TE, but I don't see Gronk-like physical dominance. I am also quite high on Warring. I think he's a lot like Zach Ertz coming out of Stanford. Drops a few too many passes at this point in time, but his movement skills and body control are off the charts. I don't think the drops are a permanent issue. He also has the potential to be a quality inline blocker. I think somebody is going to get an absolute steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't see Gronk at all. I see more of a Jason Witten type. Hockenson is a great all-around TE, but I don't see freakish physical gifts. He moves well, blocks well, and has steel traps for hands. I expect him to be a very effective NFL TE, but I don't see Gronk-like physical dominance. 

No that's fair, I agree. I mean more in the all-round stakes rather being able to throw people out the club. Don't think we've seen a lot of TEs who are a well-rounded/polished at both blocking and receiving in the past 5-10 years. Could be wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I am perfectly fine with Hock at 7. Foles would love him.

Whoever gets Deebo Samuel will get to bust out all the Friday one liners whenever he scores or makes a big play.

"Who else wants some!? Who else wants some of Deebo!?"

"Poor cornerback. His grandma gave him that chain!"

"He gonna cry in the car now."

"YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUDGE OUT!!!"

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:22 PM, Counselor said:

Noah Fant 

Josh Oliver

Deebo Samuel

Kelvin Harmon

Hakeem Butler 

Stanley Morgan Jr or Diontae Johnson (Never heard of them)

Terry McLaurin