2019 NFL Draft - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

Forge

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Well I could tell that just from watching his highlights. xD

He’s a finesse receiver. Doesn’t out physical one on one coverage. Has some drop issues. Doesn’t break many tackles and is easy to bring down.

Explosive athlete. Can high point the ball, and can run past and eat up angles with speed.   

Underrated blocker, will work good in the zone game where he can seal off or carry a defender outside, because he isn’t going to man power block anyone like Hockenson.

Move TE who can create some mismatch problems but won’t be a physical bully at the position. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

So there’s got to be another reason behind Hakeem Butler’s fall, right?  Unlike Metcalf he’s produced.   It’s not projection and nowhere near the injury history.   Baffling. 

No kidding. Either there's a major medical red flag (ala Mo Hurst last year), pending legal trouble, or serious off the field issues (aka a hard drug addiction).

These receivers were drafted:-

187. Denver Broncos - Juwann Winfree [ WR ] Colorado
203. Atlanta Falcons - Marcus Green [ WR ] Louisiana Monroe
208. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Scott Miller [ WR ] Bowling Green
236. Seattle Seahawks - John Ursua [ WR ] Hawaii

These receivers were not:-

Stanley Morgan [ WR ] Nebraska
Penny Hart [ WR ] Georgia State
Jakobi Meyers [ WR ] NC State
Emmanuel Hall [ WR ] Missouri
Greg Dortch  [ WR ] Wake Forrest
Johnnie Dixon [ WR ] Ohio State
DaMarkus Lodge [ WR ] Mississippi
Anthony Johnson [ WR ] Buffalo
Anthony Ratliff-Williams [ WR ] North Carolina
Jazz Ferguson [ WR ] Northwestern State

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Broncofan said:

So there’s got to be another reason behind Hakeem Butler’s fall, right?  Unlike Metcalf he’s produced.   It’s not projection and nowhere near the injury history.   Baffling. 

It's not baffling at all. He's got major issues with consistency catching the ball.

I'm surprised Hollywood still went in the 1st. He's 166 lbs and already hurt. He's not DeSean. ...More like Jakeem Grant with hands...or a scrawny Emmanuel Sanders.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

These receivers were drafted:-

187. Denver Broncos - Juwann Winfree [ WR ] Colorado
203. Atlanta Falcons - Marcus Green [ WR ] Louisiana Monroe
208. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Scott Miller [ WR ] Bowling Green
236. Seattle Seahawks - John Ursua [ WR ] Hawaii

These receivers were not:-

Stanley Morgan [ WR ] Nebraska
Penny Hart [ WR ] Georgia State
Jakobi Meyers [ WR ] NC State
Emmanuel Hall [ WR ] Missouri
Greg Dortch  [ WR ] Wake Forrest
Johnnie Dixon [ WR ] Ohio State
DaMarkus Lodge [ WR ] Mississippi
Anthony Johnson [ WR ] Buffalo
Anthony Ratliff-Williams [ WR ] North Carolina
Jazz Ferguson [ WR ] Northwestern State

I mean, because of the sheer number of "draftable" WRs this year, there were always gonna be some draftable guys slipping to UDFA.  But that's some wild stuff.  Really interesting choices some teams made with that...and i feel comfortable suggesting at least a few teams are going to have ended up with eventual starting WRs out of UDFA.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:59 AM, goldfishwars said:

Fant - Fant could be dominant in the right system, not convinced on Irv

Knox - He could have a Kittle like impact in the NFL, Ole Miss ran such a weird offense

Samuel - Not sure Campbell has a game that translates to NFL success as a receiver. Samuel is a technician. 

Harmon - Not convinced Arcega Whiteside will be able to win how he has in college

Butler - Butler is a top 20 talent in this draft, a physical freak. Harry is a bully, but might struggle to separate in the NFL

Morgan, but I like Johnson a lot - Morgan is a dog, blocks, great hands and runs routes. Dionte is super smooth, love them both 

McLaurin - Isabella is a small straight speed guy, need to see how that would translate. McLaurin is super twitchy, runs great routes - has plenty of untapped potential

Man i hope you are right on Knox

On 4/27/2019 at 8:17 AM, Teen Girl Squad said:

No kidding. Either there's a major medical red flag (ala Mo Hurst last year), pending legal trouble, or serious off the field issues (aka a hard drug addiction).

Or maybe he was just an over hyped prospect. And his draft position showed that...

On 4/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Broncofan said:

Not that great of a route runner and had drop issues. Also took a while to breakout at Iowa State. I think he was a player the draft community was higher on than the NFL (clearly in hindsight).

On 27.4.2019 at 5:15 PM, Broncofan said:

16% drop rate probably the major reason.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

16% drop rate probably the major reason.

Yeah I get that.  Thing is he made ridiculous catches at other times.  And given his 10.75 mitts the 2 traits suggests it’s a fixable trait unlike say Sammy Coates V2.  

I get why he’d fall - just not to that level.  But guess we’ll see.  

16 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah I get that.  Thing is he made ridiculous catches at other times.  And given his 10.75 mitts the 2 traits suggests it’s a fixable trait unlike say Sammy Coates V2.  

I get why he’d fall - just not to that level.  But guess we’ll see.  

It's not just the drops though.  Fixing those is probably a fools errand.  He's had those same big mitts the entire time he's become intermittently dropping passes in college.  It's maddening, because he also has so many of those absolutely absurd showcases of his catch radius.  But that doesn't mean it's "fixable".

It's also stuff like this though:

On 4/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, BroncoSojia said:

Thoughts on Noah Fant?

Insane athlete and will be a red zone weapon right from the jump. Not a polished blocker, but it's not like he is unwilling or something. I kinda see Jared Cook when I watch him. It was a pipe dream of mine that he'd fall to the Patriots, but I knew it wasn't happening the day he destroyed the combine.